1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal or Rubber Deflector

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Moss Man, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I need a deflector for my MM2 HD 8' Straight blade and found a metal one for 50 clams on craigslist. I have had both rubber and metal and I actually like the rubber one better. Any pros and cons between the two? The only concern I might have with the metal one would be blocking the radiator flow more than it already is.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with a rubber nice and light and won't block the radiator.

3. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

That's what I'm leaning towards, I ran one last winter and didn't have any issues. I'm running a newer plow this season, but it didn't have one on it when I bought it.

4. chevyzrule810

I would go with rubber.I remember last year I had the blade angled straight for a brief time going down the road and watched the temp gauge start to go up a little.Are you buying or making one?

5. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

The one I had last year was a factory one and it had the heavy metal bracket holding it firm to the top of the blade, I'm not sure I could build one that would perform the way that one did.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

7. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Get the sno foil by Fisher. Not as durable as a rubber flap, but they perform.

8. chevyzrule810

If your good at fabricating you can get some conveyer belt for like a quarry and make one they usually save the old belt and charge a few bucks per foot.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  9. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

x2 on conveyor belt. Thats what I have:

[​IMG]

10. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a conveyor belt, but I've been saving it for the machine it was intended for! It's tempting though......:mechanic:

11. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have the metal one from Fisher. Last year I added an 8 inch piece of conveyor belt to it. For some reason it made my trucks run cooler. It works great. I never get snow on my windshield anymore. The guys at the gravel bank let me have it for free.:nod: