1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Messy weather for the buckeye plower's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

It looks like us buckeyes could get some messy weather.
    Here there saying frezzing rain and 1" tonight and then 2-4" tomrrow during the day. I've said it in the past were take what we can get. but Frezzing rain is never fun.

I'm sure Young Pup and then guys sown south are ready.
    Best of luck & happy Plowing

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Every time I see the forecast map it's changed. I hope the snow stays snow. I hate freezing rain!

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Boy I tell you leave the computer and the tv for a couple of hours and the whole forecast changes. I went to put gas in the truck and ran my Mom to the store and gassed up her car. Come back and we have a winter weather advisory tonight and a winter storm watch for tomm. Yep I am about ready. Just got done loading the bagged salt up for tonight. Need to go back out and hook up the spreader and I will be set. Then it will be time for a nap later on, hopefully that will happen.

Be safe out there tonight and Thursday.

JP

4. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I think, were about ready for it, only thing left to do is to fule up the trucks.
    The weather changes by the hour, they dont know, and we sure the hell dont know, so were just take what we get right? :drinkup:

5. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

here they are calling for rain and up to 1" tonight followed by 4-8 tomorrow. will make for some fun. we'll all know by this time next week. good luck. keep it on the black stuff and bring in the green stuff. payup

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

The last thing that we need is freezing rain to go with the snow.

7. lorentzlawnsnow

no doubt about that, we were without power for a week last year at christmas time.

8. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

I hope we get it i just got 2 palettes of lesco melt Its beginning to look a lot like last year:) :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  9. lorentzlawnsnow

heading out, started snowing here about an hour ago and we have 1 to 1 1/2 inches on the ground.

10. Young Pup

Just got back in from salting. Coming down steady here. Before I went out the forecast was changing by the minute. When I left I heard we could get 3-5 inches. Updates from local stations coming up in a couple of minutes. The freezing line keeps flucuating back and forth here. It is a heavy snow that is for sure.Well, it is now up to 4-6 inches now.

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Its going right around us right at moment. I dont think they know whats its going to do. Accuweather's saying 2" today. Noaa.com saying 1-3" today,. The weather.com is saying 2-4" today and 2-4" tonight purplebou :) :salute:

I'm hopeing the NWS is right about that one. I've been watching the radar and it looks like it should be closeing around on us, so we should start to see something I hope.

Well keep us updated on where its snowing and stuff. i'm going to go rest up.

12. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

Ron, never heard back fron you on the Salt when I was out , snow plow money or anything after I went out of my way to give you 2 great accounts, stopped during a storm to give you a plow and have gotten not a dime in return or a phone calls. Do you treat all of your customers like this as well? I dont see how you sayt in buisness.:realmad:

13. Young Pup

Well going to go out and clean up these properties later on. Got a lot less here in the city. Just northwest of here they had about 6 inches.

JP

14. lorentzlawnsnow

we ended up with about 3" snow followed by 2 hrs light rain which melted the snow down to about 2".