1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Messed up my new truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AdamChrap, Dec 8, 2008.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap Member

I was backing up in a tight spot while plowing at 3am, Going about 1/2 mile per hr and crunch! I saw the pylon there and thought it was further away(Objects in mirror are closer then they appear!). I just cant believe how the bumper crushed at a speed that is almost nothing. It pushed it against the left rear quarter panel and that screwed up the whole bedside! Need a whole new bed and the vinyl graphics redone. $3900!! pics up tomorrow....

2. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

ouch!!!! sorry to hear on that dude

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

objects in motion tend to stay in motion until there is an equal or greater opposite re-action. I wouldn't bother fixing it now, if you do you'll hit something else again this winter

4. AdamChrap

AdamChrap Member

Way to gross for me to look at all winter, But I am thinking of replacing the bed with a nice heavy steal flatbed. We have always had problems with the beds on our trucks getting beat up and we normally don't fix them because just like you said it is just going to happen again and the insurance company doesn't like it much.

5. Johnnay Boy91

Johnnay Boy91 Member
    from MASS

thats why i love the older trucks. that would not of happened. sorry to hear that man 3900... that was probably more than what u made plowing that night ouch.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Those yellow posts are attracted to nice trucks.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Wow sorry to hear

8. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

one day business will get smart and put some kinda cushioned barrier around light poles .. kinda like the barrier walls on interstate exit ramps .

9. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. Its the top notch steel they use to build these way to expensive vehicles we drive.

10. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

I picked up a brand new take-off bed w/ bed liner, rr bumper, taillights and tailgate for my truck from E-bay $500. Took a while to find them, but I've got them ready to go on in the spring. I'm keeping the banged up old one on until then.

11. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

thats a good price, what year/model truck is it for?

12. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that, but it happens to all of us. I have friends in Ohio that swear by Striker Bros. Parts in Batavia, they might have what you need.

13. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ouch man 3900 is a big chunk out of the pocket. I feel for ya tho, first storm on my new route i backed into a rock wall in one of my tight driveways. Busted out a tail light and scratched the side of the truck a bit. Minor compared to yours, but share the same pain.

14. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

ahhh thats no good sorry to hear about that

15. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

I say go with a Hillsboro alum. bed... it will rock the socks off that 2008 of yours

I used them at my old job and beat the snot out of them... and they still looked great

16. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Steal?... in ohio?... go aluminum its worth it...

Hillsboro beds theres a dealer by my house.

17. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Definitely go aluminum, and oh btw nopics.gif

nopics.gif

18. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Now that is funny! Not the accident, sorry to hear about that.

19. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

and people scoffed when we bought an f350 lariat to plow with. That reverse sensor and backup camera is awesome!!

20. AdamChrap

AdamChrap Member