1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

messed up again

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by emtmike, Dec 26, 2015.

1. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

So because everything I touch lately turns to ****….I have a new problem. As you may have noticed, I don’t know much about this stuff. I got my plow with the truck and plow only my own driveway. I changed the hydraulic fluid and filter the other day and seen the last guy who had it was just as lucky as I am. Out of the 4 screws holding the fluid reservoir on, 2 were snapped. Tried to drill out the old screws…that didn’t go so well. So, in my infinite wisdom, I drilled a small hole right next to the old one, put the new O ring on, put a bunch of silicone sealer around the top of the reservoir, and used some new screws to put it back together. I put it on the plow then on my truck and it leaks on one corner!!!! Any ideas on how I am going to fix this mess???

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

What are you working on?
    Pictures.......................

3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

twist it so the corner is no longer on the bottom

4. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

For whatever reason, I cant seem to post a pic. I cant twist the reservoir because it is one that hangs down under the pump.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

First, get rid of all silicone.
    Second, make sure the canister is sitting flush against the motor base.
    Third, make sure the canister isn't warped and the oring surface area isn't rusted and blown out.
    Report back

6. dieselss

Your serious Clark....

7. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

htshydraulic.jpg
    This is the best I could come up with until i figure it out

htshydraulic.jpg

8. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

I am almost ready to say the heck with it and put the JB weld to it.

9. dieselss

Dude no.
    What model plow?

10. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

Its a 8' HD its got the motor, that I did just put on and it works...yeh me...the pump then the reservoir hangs down on the bottom.

11. dieselss

That's what I thought.
    So go through all the suggestions I mentioned. You know the system us pressurised to 5psi correct.
    Don't jb it

12. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

When I did put it back together I remember noticing that where the o-ring went was kind of ugly. I cleaned it up but it was still very pitted around the edges.

13. dieselss

Need to clean it all up.good.
    Inside the oring groove, and the canister area. Either fine sandpaper, or fine scotchbrite pad to clean up the ruff areas

14. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

OK I will take it apart again. Truth is i am ready to buy a shovel. My swear jar could fund the space program at this point.

15. emtmike

emtmike Member
    from Maine

So I dident get time to take it apart before it snowed. I filled it up with fluid and it worked ok. A little fluid still leaked but it did work.........until I blew a hose......FML