1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Merry X-mass eve 6 hrs of plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by green frog, Dec 24, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Buffalo got some snow so I was out with all the idiots that wait till the last minute to shop. But since this is my 2nd season plowing with my own business I got gifts. $50.00, $25.00, $10.00 Tim Horton gift card, bottle wine, plate of cookies. So it made my day. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So what happened? Are you down one drive?

3. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Actually I did it by back dragging the 25ft and pushed the rest forward. I am gonna call tomorrow to see if its ok. I have a choice of opportunity's coming up, what do you think. First I was offered a part time job for $12.00 an hours to work the front of a 4 wheel drive shop. It is 6 miles from my house and 20-25 hrs week no weekends. Or sub contract 30 residentials from a friend with my truck and equipment but won't know how much till next week. Any opinions?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try for both ,snowplowing is a short season.

5. DAPLOWKING

DAPLOWKING Junior Member
    from NJ

I'd try to do both. I look at each outing in snow removal as a gift from the sky. You can never count on it and it sure is nice when it shows up.

6. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I explained it wrong, the sub of 30 accounts is for cutting only. The job would be year round and a lot less work. Not meaning I don't like work but going from 20 to 50 accounts might just burn me out?

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would go for it. Get yourself a good helper. But if you don't think that you can handle it, then say no. I'll tell you that if I had that kind of opportunity, I would definitely accept it.