1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Merry friggin Christmas!!! Meyer e58 problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stackmaster, Dec 26, 2015.

1. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

Thought I was being a good guy and would go to work on christmas day (night) and get all my customers parking lots plowed. Halfway through the first lot something let go on the plow. I cant angle either way or raise it. Had to short chain it to get it back to the garage. The pump is making noise when I try to angle or raise it but nothing happens. Sounds a bit funny too, like something is spinning and not catching. Higher pitch than usual. Fluid is topped up. I believe its 8 years old. Is my pump fried?? Thanks for any replies.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Probably is frosty, has some water in there and she froze. Put some heat on her. Put truck in a heated garage take out the screens and clean it out.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

X2 about the frozen part.
    When the last time the plow has been serviced

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I've asked people that stop in during snow storms with plows not working, and I just get a stare, then its only 8 years old, and it was working good.

5. stackmaster

Thanks for the replies. Serviced a year ago and yes its frosty at the moment. (-22c or -7.6f) Truck is long with the plow and spreader though so doesnt fit in the garage. Will need to find a way to warm her up. Yes the truck started out fine last night but 5 mins in and that was it. Could it still be frozen?? Also, where are the screens u mentioned Randall??

6. dieselss

Hair dryer, heat gun, torpedo heater.
    If you've never cleaned/taken out the filters.... I'd be starting there.

7. stackmaster

Just tarping the front end and will throw on the construction heater. I suppose that I can heat it up and see if it works and if it does, I will pull the filters and drain fluid etc. Will update soon. Thanks,

8. dieselss

Would also recommend the angle rams, they hold a lot of fluid as well

9. stackmaster

Beauty! Working properly now. Since it's all nice and warm will drain all the cylinders and clean the filters. Thanks so much for the help it is most appreciated. Will update when I'm finished.