1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas to me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jglandscaping, Dec 23, 2005.

1. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I woke up this morning to find that my Whelen Mini Edge was stolen off of my 1/2 ton:realmad: . Reported it to the police and so forth, they said just to keep an eye on ebay and around town.
    Im so mad, I wish I knew if it was a friend playing a prank or someone actually stole it, THIS $UCKS!!!!!:angry:
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

sorry, that sucks:eek:
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Tis the season to be thiefing!!!:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my bets are on ebay its a real shame how people just want to get a little ahead in life by stealing
  5. jglandscaping

Going to have to bolt everything down now I guess:angry: . Bought locks for the trailers also today, something I thought Id never have to do. I just hope it was someone playing a prank and I will get it back, I really dont want to go have to get another one:yow!: , hoping insurance company will help me out.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

that sucks
  7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

$500 deductible probably, was it led or strobe?
  8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

advice in looking for it

same thing happened to my buddy's mini edge a few years back, was parked at UNH overnight. He had a permanent mount bolted to the back rack nice and solid, so was a lot bigger deal to remove than just a magnet mount. Reminds me that I've been leaving my 420 on with just magnets for the last few weeks. Fortunately I live out of sight of the main road, and at work I park behind the building where nobody goes. But I'd hate to come out and see it gone.
    I used to be a police officer and I hated taking those reports first thing in the morning from people who had their cars ransacked, or whatever was the case. Felt so bad for the people, and of course it's unlikely to ever find the stuff or catch the scumbags. Couple times caught people in the act, which is nice, but pretty rare.
    Another thing I would suggest to you in addition to Ebay, is to go to every pawn shop you can find (check the yellow pages) and look for the bar. This is where a great deal of stolen merchandise ends up, especially from drug addicts who need cash quick. I would ask at each place, dont just look on the shelves, in case it is out back cooling off. Sometimes the police will do this for you but I wouldn't count on it. Just tell them you're looking for a light to use for plowing and see what they say. Might get lucky and the guy will say "oh yeah, just got this great one out back." Then hopefully you can identify yours. If you can find anything with a serial number on it at home, like some of the paperwork from when you bought it, that would be great. If not, any identifying mark. I assume they cut the cable, right? Maybe you could even match up the cut ends. I always told people to either save their serial numbers in a drawer, or inscribe their SSN or something on any expensive items.
    So, back to the pawn shop. Say you get lucky and find it, you can tell the guy you think it is yours, won't make any difference, he paid money for it so he isnt going to hand it back over. Go to the police in that town and tell them that your light was stolen and you believe you found it. They will not help you unless you convince them you can prove it is yours. In which case they should be able to get it back for you. I wish you luck with it, hey it's worth a try, right? Keep us posted if anything turns up.
  9. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I noticed last night plowing , that someone stole my new orange light off the top of my 257B skid steer. Just paid about $125 bucks for it . :mad:
  10. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I woke up this morning to fing my brand new 6000 watt generator stolen grom my shed. Granted I didn't have it locked but still. There were nice little wheel tracks going from one side of my fense to the other then out to the street. I guess that thief needed it more than I did:realmad:
  11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Does it have any markings that make it different? like the cord cut for your connectors, etc. scratches. so I can help you catch the a55 hole the took it. I would love to help you beet the crapp out of him. :yow!:
  12. jglandscaping

It had all new lenses but the take down lense was older and faded. There were also scratches on the metal and it was also pitted because of the age (scratched were new from when it fell off the truck:dizzy: ) It has a 4 way trailer plug on the back because it was a quick connect. I just hope it will turn up so I dont have to go lay down some money on a new one. Guess I will be equiping the trucks with back rackspayup and hard wiring them up,:angry: .
    Happy Holidays Guys!
  13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I got my stereo stolen one night out of my vehicle. $1500 worth. found the stuff and the person who did it but we couldn't prove it? total BS. now got the motion light outside and in case the 12 gauge.:gunsfiring:
    Hope you catch the guy, and knock some sense into him:dizzy:
  14. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i didnt have a strobe stolen...but went to my deer stand this morning only to find its gone...the @$$holes that took it left the lock and cable 20 feet up just hanging there on a branch as a HAHA...well if i find them i'll be the one laughing, second stand stolen in 3 years.
  15. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Yeah James, I'm with Yaz. If you figure it out, let's show em a little backwoods justice. Us N.H. boys gotta stick together.
  16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

That really sucks man.... Lock everything up. Trailers and all. I had my trailer broken into a few week ago. It had 4 locks on it too, 3 on the door's and one on toung where the male ball attaches.
  17. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

plow lift stolen

I had a plow lift (meyer e60) stolen from front of truck in my work parking lot. They have cameras and all. Ask them to look at tapes and nothing. They cut the wires that had plugs on them so I had to replace the wires too. I timed my self taking off a plow lift, 46 seconds and it is in your hands going across the parking lot. I made some bolts and drilled them so you can put a roll pin in the bolt at the nut. That might slow them down.

Glad I had insurance. I got an upgrade for only the deductible.

18. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

A few years back someone took a hammer and chisel to my passenger side doorlock... they got in and stole.... Nothing! There was nothing in it to steal!

I do still have the damaged door to remind me every time I walk by though.... :realmad: :realmad:
  19. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

fog lights stolen!

Some no good M#####f####r actually crawled under my tahoe and stole my foglights. If you buy anything hot you are no better than the people who have inflicted this misery on us! Don't support the industry of thievery :realmad:
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have on thing to say, that sucks !!! plain and simple.......:mad: