1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Merlo telehandlers good bad anyone know much about them Canadian boys maybe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SNOWLORD, Apr 6, 2014.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looking at replacing a telehandler and came across these Merlo telehandlers.
    They spec out nice actually the only meeting my criteria 7-8k lifting, 31 ft of lift, 25mph and excellent vision all around. There is a dealer within 40 miles of me but I am concerned as I have never heard of them before but are big overseas. I understand they are popular in canada so if anyone has any info I am all ears.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Anyone? Anyone?
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen them at a few farm shows I've been to but don't know anyone who owns one.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks Dave, I am pretty much down to this Merlo or JCB as Bobcat and others dont make telehandlers anymore. We tried a CAT but the vision and lift height were horrible, they are basically a renamed JLG which is a lift and carry machine not a real working digging machine, and that type the boom is in a terrible place for vision.
  5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

6. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Stopped at Bobcat dealer in Winnipeg this morning before driving home they had two on the lot, first time I have ever seen one but now will keep my eye open for them.