1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Merit Services under siege...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Feb 24, 2015.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Heard Merit fired their CEO, COO and CFO. Accounting fraud or something. They were a great company once to work with but all of those old people are gone. This equity company has driven it into the ground. They dont even handle the Targets, Rite Aid's or CVS's we used to do for them. Doesnt sound like much left. I heard Lowes is on the way out but I figure if you have to fire all of your senior management there are other bigger issues going on. ANyone hear anything?
  2. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

I havent heard anything. This season with my monthly snow payment it has always come on time. Last Fall they were a little slow on my landscape payments but not snow so far.
  3. cowbay

cowbay Junior Member

I thought Doug Cook became a consultant to the company I place of being president. I must be incorrect on this one.
  4. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

When you are part Owner of the company and get fired, consultant is the nice way of saying don't come to the office anymore.
  5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Wonder if Magill was one of the ones who was shown the door.
  6. cowbay

cowbay Junior Member

He went to ferrandino a year ago
  7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Correction, he went from F-dino a year or so ago to be a VP at Merit.
  8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

No he is still at Ferrandino.
  9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well that's isn't good news if its true

Brickman lost Mo. WI. MN. Bids On HomeDepot I heard Merit won them but that was coming from another person I haven't seen it in written
  10. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

I haven't seen Brickman around since last winter....
  11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

So you do a HD store if So who are you working for
  12. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

I do not, the one here is last time I saw was just another contractor.
  13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You gentlemen are absolutely correct. My bad totally..I apologize. :drinkup:

It was from Lipinski to F-Dino. Not sure how I tied Merit to him. Probably 'cause they suck too.

Still doesn't change the facts surrounding this guy.
  14. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Does anyone here know who got the home depot stores in Wyoming
  15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Probably overexertion from stacking firewood. Lolol
  16. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

every time I call its a different person even keith fritz I learned today has been moved to another position??? gina in ap is terrible wish I could meet her face to face. Glad I cut back to just one site with them and they still cant pay remotely on time. Learned a lesson but yes most of upper management is gone whether to fdino or other nationals including a janitorial co. All the area reps are former usm at least the last 5 I know of. Its pretty piss poor that no one stays a year at the company and no one knows what the hell is going on. Guess I can kiss my 60k good bye just glad it aint 6 figures.
  17. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

Merit is sucking horribly, yet another year I have financed snow services on my lowes all season with not a $$. You do the work, say on the 5th, wait until the 9th (at the earliest) for the "storm report" to open into the portal to enter your services, wait until the 15th-21st for the account manager to accept/approve what you entered and THEN the 45 day aging period starts to when the check is written

Oh and God forbid the service gets rejected (as a few have with ice events this year...sorry 450 for the one salting allowed in a 24 hour period didn't cover the 3 times I had to salt that day) you can add another 10 days for the rejected service to go through the appeal process and finally make its way to the aging process !

Sorry for the rant, maybe just my account manager a.k.a. phone call dic*er ERIK needs to be replaced.

Wish I were on a monthly payment schedule like some of y'all
  18. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Yet another year. Let me get this straight. You've gone through this in previous years, and come back for more. Thank you sir . May I have another? And you want us to feel bad for you? You and other people like you,are the problem. I hope you loose everything and end up living in a cardboard box under a bridge.
  19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you keep working for them? Are you a masochist?
  20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We must give positive reinforcing advise like the good old days

WTF is wrong with you, do you like being screwed over and crying? Why would you work for them again ?