1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mercer_ME's 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Jul 28, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2012 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Saturday and I picked it up today. It has 34,400 miles and it already has Bilstien ride height adjustable coil overs, air bags, and an electric trailer brake controller installed in it. I ordered Weather Tech digital fit floor lines for it today.I've only had the truck for a few hours now and I can all ready tell that I'm going to love it and it's exactly what I want in a truck. I can't wait to buy some accessories for it and I really can't wait to plow with it.

List of upcoming accessories:
    8' Fisher HD
    Head Board
    Timbrens
    Spray In Bed Liner
    Tint Front Windows
    Strobe & Spot Lights
    Head Light Covers
    Black Toyota Emblem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

That is one sharp looking rig. Congrats!

4. mercer_me

Thanks! I'd been looking for a Rock Warrior for quite a while and I finally found one in my price range and it already had Bilstien coil overs and air bags so, that was a plus.

5. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

It's about time!!!!!! LOL, congrats mercer, great looking truck!!!!!

6. mercer_me

Tell me about it. I really had my heart set on a Rock Warrior but, they all seemed to be out of my price range. I can't wait to get a set of Timbrens and an 8' Fisher HD and show people that a Tundra really can handle a plow. Thumbs Up

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Love the truck Will, the one thing I would do to it (on top of your list) would be to buy the blacked out headlights to replace the chrome ones like below:

tundra will.jpg

8. mercer_me

Those do look awesome and I like the running boards on that truck. I can already tell with the Bilstien shocks I'm going to need running boards.

9. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

mercer_me,great looking truck,good luck with it.

10. mercer_me

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to buying accessories for it and making it my absolute dream truck.

11. mercer_me

I put my Weather Tech floor liners in yesterday. They fit great and I recommend them to everybody, they are definitely worth the money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All ready for a 5th wheel.

[​IMG]

The bed rails it came with. I'm planning on taking them off so I can have a head board with bed rails.

[​IMG]

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I've looked at these to replace my 150 but damn they're expensive even used!

13. mercer_me

Tundras hold their value very well. The regular Tundras aren't to bad priced but, it's hard to find a Rock Warrior for a good price,

14. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Weather tech floor liners are awesome!!!! They save your carpet, especially in the winter. Nice mercer!!!

15. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Any luck on a plow yet?

16. mercer_me

I wouldn't own a nice vehicle with out Weather Techs. They are worth the money.

I'm currently talking to a couple people that have 8' Fisher HDs. I'm in no hurry to buy a plow, I'm looking for a good deal right now.

17. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

There are a ton of places in New Hampshire that will do a whole plow set up for like $3500, and thats for a new plow set up, not used. The only catch is that you will probably have to drop the truck off for a few days

18. mercer_me

I think I can find a good plow for around $2,000 and buy the truck side parts for under $1,000 and a local mechanic that used to work at a Fisher dealer will install it for $150.

19. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Is that really worth Savin a couple hundred dollars , if that much. Instead of just going new with a warranty?

20. mercer_me

You have a point. Do you know how much new 8' HD Fishers are going for?