1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Menards plowing contractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snoworks, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I have had major problems with Menards paying for snowplowing services performed. It seems they do not want to pay for daytime snowplowing. They feel daytime plowing should be included in nighttime plowing fee's, even when they call to perform the work during the day! There contract does not support their position, however, they do not want to pay me.

I have overheard several people telling horror stories about Menards practices in the past, specifically at the Tovar's education seminar and at the Buffalo syp.

I would like anyone who has had similar problems with Menards, to email me. My lawyer say that my current dispute is valid, but its not worth the money owed. He said that if other contractors have had similar problems, and it could be proved, then their could be other ways to make them pay!

I am not looking to get extra money out of Menards, I just want them to stop beating up small snowplow contractors like myself. In my case they did several other shady practices, during my contractual obligations. They promised to make good on all issues, then did a 180 deg. turn when I called their bluff(i.e. requested payment prior to future services)

My lawyer said he would file suit with them, charging 1/3 of his hourly rate. It would benefit my case if someone else has similar issues with Menards

Thanks CGB

2. KrohnEnterprises

KrohnEnterprises Junior Member

Snoworks- I know a guy in town that contracts removal with Menards. He said during the beginning of one storm he started pushing at the trigger depth of 1" that was stated in the contract and the manager of the store (who I know-jerk) told him to get the **** out of there! Even though it was in the contract! He also stated that they had tendencies to slow-pay on the account. Just a heads-up on the type of business and how they handle there obligations.

See ya,

Jim :waving:

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

If that was the case where they sent you away they would be getting a a certified letter stateing what happened so when a customer sues there store for slipping then you would have a leg to stand on.