1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Jan 9, 2003.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Im sitting here and it was 65 today. The 5 inches we got saterday is almost gone except for some larger piles. What do you guys up north do? 70" inches so far this yea??? i wouldnt know where to put the snow. Welll i can see using parking lot spaces but some of my drives get filled from one 12in storm. How much melting do the New Yorkers and points north have?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Won't have much melting this weekend, forcast is for highs in the lower 20s and lows 10-15!
  3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Before we talk about melting, we actually need to get some snow on the ground and in piles
  4. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

We usually only get a melting in late march. Everthing accumulates. I use a blower on my tractor to blow back piles a few days after clean-up is all done
  5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Usually snow in my yard until memorial day weekend. Ground is covered November through mid-may. Snowed 12" on July 4, 1996.
  6. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Where I am in Michigan, it just depends on the year. For the most part we have been melting off most of what we get a time or two each month usually, small traces left where We push the res, the businesses I usually see, still have the "dirty" piles left for the spring.