1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

melted isolation module fisher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sascgcs, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sascgcs

sascgcs Junior Member
    from 06776

Hello everyone,

I have a Fisher homesteader plow mounted on a 2003 Chevy s10 crew cab. A few days ago I started getting a smell that I could not quite identify. I then lost my low beams on the plow and the the right truck low beam came on. The highs worked on the plow. To make a long story short I have found a severly melted isolation module. It appears that the module may have fell off where it was mounted(velcro) and sat against the engine. Does this seem likely or could it have been the result of some electical issue? I never saw any smoke and the smell was never that strong. I also can not tell what ignition module was installed as the tag has melted off. Is there a way for me to determine this?

thanks much
    Steve

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i have never seen one melt or burn up. if yours was touching the engine i would say that did it.

3. sascgcs

sascgcs Junior Member
    from 06776

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I would hate to put something in thinking that it would fix my problem, and then have it melt. Do you have any idea which isolation module I need, or how to find out.

Steve

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

there should be a number tag on the top of the unit. i assume it was melted?

call these guys 1-616-530-6000. ask for kevin.

5. sascgcs

sascgcs Junior Member
    from 06776

thanks again, I will call the number