1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

megas?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by elite1msmith, Dec 22, 2009.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

since i was gone all summer,

did snow way ever fix all those issues with the megas? for you guys that bought them and were let down last year, did you buy another plow this year? just wondering ..

2. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

The V's are fine. I think people were just jumping on the band wagon with the guys that were having trouble with the Revolution. I have sold quite a few of the Mega V's with only man made problems and that only occured once.

If you are looking for a Mega V it would be wise to ask for the 2nd generation.

I have no experience with the Revolution. I never ordered any. So I have no insight as to what they are doing this year.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

So how is the 2nd generation working this year?

4. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I have heard there is an improvement.

But I had no complaints to speak of with the 1st version.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

If your gonna buy a V, why wounldnt you just buy a boss or a western or pretty much anything else.... Noway V has no benefits over any of these plows other then you'll have to go to the dealer to get some welding done or electicial issues fixed after every storm... Even with the rev, I used the down pressure vary little, and in all honesty, there was vary vary little differance between having it turned on and off.... Some people had great luck, some people had nothing but trouble... I went thru 2 mega's last winter and they were nothing but a POS... My plow got referbed over the summer to all 2.0 specs... I wasent satisfied 1 bit, i think version 2 is still a total joke... Thier customer support SUCKS, all in all, I sold my blade and its the best thing i've ever did.. but thats just my opponion

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

:popcorn:

7. Triple L

from Canada

LOL I'll grab some to...:popcorn: :drinkup:

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Light fluffy 3-6" the V is awesome, you can start seeing the thing slowly get tired when you get the heavy packy Lake effect snow I get most of the winter. In my opinion they need a new control system, the remote is too big and too complex for what it needs to be. The wings don't move together at the same rate of speed one is always slower, and why is one ram or wing longer than the other lol. But in all honesty i would buy another MBV after they listened to me of course changed their design a little. You know like the Bladelock system Fisher uses for their wings, and take that friggin trip shock system out of there and put the shocks some where else so the hoses arent cramped so bad when its lifted, then move the lift cylinder out for easier lifting. Maybe change the wing cylinder placement too to allow easier working for them as well. If you want to beat the competition, then you have have all the features the comp has and more. They all have their own little issues so its boils down to a color selection lol These are all just points I think about when I sit in the truck for 4-16 hours at a time using it lol

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  9. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I must have been one of the band wagon jumpers? Lets see like 14 pushing events and had a break down on 13 of the events. I got to buy a new alternator for my truck because it got fried by the over load from the plow. Let's not forget the two batteries and the FICM which is only $700 for the part alone.Seems to be if you have low voltage for a long period of time it will fry the FICM. So with all the trips to the dealer, down time and having to pay one of my subs to finish my lots because I was left high and dry, and the parts from my truck I would put the cost of owning a Noway somewhere in the $3500-4500 price range. The only event that I didn't have a problem was scraping 1/2" off my lots and I brought everyone in so we were out for 4hrs tops. I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to buy one of these plows. JMO

10. Deco

Deco Senior Member

[​IMG]
    No issues or doubts with the BIG BOSS

11. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hey that looks like my new blade? LMAO

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

And Chad's and mine. We all traded our Mega's in on Boss's. No offense to anyone theat owns one but to compare even a working Mega V to a Boss is just plain silly. I installed both in the same week and the simplicity of the Boss along with it's proven track record makes it a no brainer.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You make a lot a noise about a plow you never used. If I remember your dealer didn't have all the parts so you never even had it completely installed on the truck. It's one thing to actually have used one and had problems but you never even had yours entirely assembled and installed, let alone pushing snow. Is this part of the SIMA training, attack all that you don't own regardless of your actual experiences? If Boss is so proven/relilable why is the Air Gaurd pissed at me because the brand new never been used Boss 10 foot heavy weight I installed this fall can not stay in operation for more the 1/2 an hour with-out snapping the lift ram Piston?

14. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

you go girlfriend!!!!!! Wow.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The people around here know the real story Basher and alot of things were said because of the relationship I had gained with Tom. You really think I'd buy a blade install it myself and and then take it back all in the same week. The blade was up in running in our shop the headlight adapters were not installed but between my dad, myself and our full time guy I think we have enough snow removal expeirence to make an educated decision. It also cost me $1000 more to buy the Boss to add into that equation. I'm giving my opinion and I will continue to do so. On edit I feel bad for the dealers like yourself who still are trying to sell the line and I appologize for making it harder for you. I was more using the Boss comparison because S Melchi in another thread said they had more problems with Boss then the Mega's and I find that very hard to believe. When the threads start with people saying that the Mega is the the best thing since sliced bread and they are not a dealer that's when I will beleive they have it fixed.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

17. Triple L

from Canada

Basher and Kramer - I know you guys will never admit it, cause your dealers, but everyone knows Snoway blades are nothing but a pile of $h!t... You know how I know, Cause I completely destroy 2 blades beyond repair in a matter of 2 weeks... And its not like im a mad man or something crazy, These blades were on my personal non work truck which i care about, and this aint my first year plowin snow either... So for you giving JD crap sayin he never used is blade is just stupid, he's been doing this crap for 30 some years, After that amount of time you kinda know right off the bat when something is a pile of crap and not working they way it should, So I give him credit for recognizing these problems and dealing with the situation before it got out of hand like it did with me... Sure it may look cool and look strong but after you use it, even Kramer admitted there are soo many things that need to be changed on it... Im sure you guys saw a huge drop in sales and thats why your on here boosting it saying its all fixed when we all know its not... But in your defense, I still dont even know why JD bought a mega V... Cause in all reality, a mega V really has nothing going for it over a Boss or any other V... Snoway had a good concept on the Rev, but I dont care what it is, If it dosent work its not worth $0.01 to me... Im gonna come right out and say it, I dont want Snoway to sell another blade, My and many others experience on here know there crap, and they DO NOT stand behind thier product in ANY WAY... I am amazingly lucky that I was able to get off ahead of the game and was able to sell my blade, but I dont know what I would have done if i couldnt have sold it, In Canada were talking amost $10,000 for a mega rev loaded up... Thats alot of money to stick on the shelf and look at and I dont want this to happen to anyone else...

18. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

6 Boss's since '93
    4 still in service. One of the out-of-service is still being used as a personal plow elsewhere
    1 Snoway '96, out of service '99 scrapped '09

19. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

You know regadless of what blade you choose wither it be a boss, western, snoway or any other brand people choose, they all have their problems and they also have their pros and cons, i think snoway is trying very hard to get this mega series to work for plowers like all of us.

20. Triple L

from Canada

plowman - do you own a mega series blade?