1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Megacab's with plows

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 04superduty, Jan 23, 2008.

1. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

does anyone on here plow with a megacab? how do they plow, besides being long. any issues with the front axle?
  2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

there is no differance with the weight up front with a reg quad cab and the mega's the front end rating comes from the weight over the front end.
  3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Look for the name NLS1...hes got a 9'2" Boss V on his diesel mega cab.
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Sorry I missed the first part of this post. Thanks jt13speed for jumping on it!
    I love this truck! I have never enjoyed plowing as much as with this truck.
    No issues yet. The newer cummins like most new diesels is very powerful and quick.
    I did install a Hell Bent Steel leveling kit in front, and I run 850-1000lbs ballast in a rack that I made that is behind the rear axle. I took the tailgate off and fold the back seats down and the visibility is just fine. I wired up back up lights on a switch with relay and just redid the lights since I pretty much destroyed the first set. The new ones are much better. Here is the link to the pics of the new lights. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=56984
    If you can manage the length, I see no problem with using a megacab. I did install the plow myself however to avoid the annoying "We can't install that plow on that truck blah blah blah" If you use plenty of ballast you should never have an issue.
    Although the front holds the weight very well, I will eventually put on stock timbrens, it does bottom out once in a while when you go over large dips with the plow on.
    Hope that helps.:D
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for all the coments and thanks NLS1, you have the exact same setup that i want to get. i also run 1000 lbs of balast behind the rear axle and it makes a world of difference.
    hopefully i will be able to get the free spin kit from dynatrac, hopefully get a few MPG and get rid of the unit bearings.
    jt13speed thanks for the link.
    NLS1 i also wanted to get some tractor weights and hopefully will still be able to, but at $1 per pound for the weights it gets expensive. guess the tractor pullers snap them up as soon as then are aviable and in the process drive the price up.
    currently i have 2 500 lb blocks of steel bolted to the bed and frame.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  7. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

personally i would think plowing with a mega cab would be a pain, as the turning radius would be INTENSE!!!!
  8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

A mega cab has a 160" wheelbase my ford crewcab dually has a 172" wheelbase
    A mega cab will turn sharper believe me...lol
  9. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Good to hear there are some other fellow Mega Caber's out there... Looking forward to getting a plow on my 07 2500 by next season.
  10. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

Have a 06 Mega Cabwith Hiniker C-Plow and LOVE IT!!!!! The plow is nice too!
  11. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

You should post up some pics of it,or someone should start a megacab thread.Love these trucks,if I sell my ford I may end up with one.:drinkup:
  12. oliversgreen

I will as soon as I take some. Keep telling myself I'm gonna, but haven't yet.
  13. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Theres a company out in California that makes/sells mega cab long beds under the dodges name. Cant wait until i have enough money to buy one of those.
  14. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

get a mega cab then put the long box on there. You should get points just for plowing with something that long.
  15. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Its not the same. lol these people cut the frame and extend it and everything its cool. My friend actually called them and they were talking about what they did and everything. crazy stuff.
  16. oliversgreen

Dodge will proly never make one with a long box, so that company should do fairly well. Do you know if they have a website?

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The worst thing about the mega cab is washing 20 of them in a row. Dam, its like washing a fleet of school busses. They look super cool even the dually ones. Reminds me of the older w350 Dodge of the past. What is the length a crew cab LB Chevy?? Thet must be longer??

18. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

19. oliversgreen

wish i had the money to have that done to mine