1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MegaCab Plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodge rammin, Nov 17, 2008.

1. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

OK - I have a Ram 2500 MegaCab that has a Western Ultramount Pro 7'6" on it. I have heard and now read that there are people having major problems with these - windows breaking and doors creasing from the frames bending. I have searched on this site and a few others and all I have found is that it can be an issue. My Dodge or Western dealers know nothing of this situation. Could someone please fill me in here - aka what are these ones that are having problems running for plows and what is causing this - just normal use - or hitting something? Any info would be appreciated - as I could do without ruining a truck with a pricetag like this. I would prefer first hand knowledge of the situation – not just hearsay. Thanks!
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There are a couple mega cabs with plows on here and I have yet to see any one of them having this problem. I don't think Dodge recommends putting a plow on a mega cab though. My truck is a quad cab, but I prefer regular cabs for plowing.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I did hear rumor of that but no concrete information. I wouldn't want to plow with a truck that big anyway!
    Have you asked Dodge about it?
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Those morons would be the last to know. And even if they did, they wouldn't admit it. Probably void your warranty for asking about it too.
  5. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

Thanks for the replies - I have had the plow on it and haven't had problems yet - just a little concerned. It is a long truck to plow with but I plow large lots.
  6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

i have friends that sledpull with megacabs, no problems. If they can stand up to that plowing is no big deal
  7. haulin87

haulin87 Junior Member

No Problem

Have had zero issues when plowing with mine. My truck is for personal use except for plowing and i pull alot during the year recreationally. 40' enclosed gooseneck and 28' lowboy. We always camp offroad and i've had zero problems w/ doors seals or seams.
    Enjoy your truck and plow away!ussmileyflag
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

A sub we use has a 9'2" boss v plow with wings on his mega cab :)dizzy:) and hasnt had any issues. He beats the crap out of his truck too. Oh and its a cummins