1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Megablade Vwing

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by kramer56, Oct 13, 2008.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Ok this may have beeen asked but I checked the snoway site and didn't find my answer, so I will go right to Mr. Snoway himself. Doe sthe v-wing trip in vee or scoop mode or does it stay straight and tear it off the truck.
    There are some vids and stuff about the old 28V but nothing on the megablade trip design. I sold my Fisher and am waiting for my dealer to get the v-wing but I am curious about the tripping stuff.
    Also is it too heavy for a 2500HD CCSB w/Duramax diesel and yes I will get timbrens in the front I already know that.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The blade will trip normally in the v position. If in the scoop position and the blade needs to trip the wing relief valves will kick in and allow the wings to come back to the straight position and trip.

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

so what breaks b4 it does that lol

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Probabily something IN the truck cuz you hit something HARD......lol

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How does your Vee blade trip?

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I just sold my fisher straight blade and am waiting for my dealer to get his MegaV in stock so I can buy it. I was curious to see how they tripped, they had a vid on the 28V but not these new ones yet.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

your head hitting the windshield! :eek:

8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Anyone have a picture of this new megablade V plow?

Also, is the controller wireless or wired?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wired for now, Wireless as soon as the FCC is satisfied.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I think they should put a reflective decal across the top of headgear between lights. Maybe say MegaV or SnowayV something that stands out.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or a video screen so you can see the things it's fuggly arse blocks

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

lol i take it you don't like the headgear looks. It seems to be growing on me now.

14. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I think the Western/Boss lights are much "cooler" looking. For $5,000+ the lights on this new mega blade leave something to be desired.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The 70's called and they want their lights back. :D Oh well I bought one.:drinkup:

16. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

No, thats where you install the front license plate. Add some amber strobes under the lights in the hooped area, plus some mega 150watt offroad lights.

17. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I agree about the lights. for the money they should atleast get you some real good lighting, sealed beams just give off the light as good as say the Nighthawks by western.

18. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

The lighting is fine, they just dont look cool lol.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

with the aux. relay function you can bolt a set of blinders on the roll bar for when you need them:D

Or by changing the harness on the light fixture you can mount any kind of light if you wanted to change. I was looking at a picture of a western with Night Sabers just yesterday

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  20. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

how do i post pics here