1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Megablade vs mega vblade!!!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Oct 15, 2008.

?

Which Snoway blade would you buy!!!

1. Megablade

31.3%
  2. Mega V Blade

68.8%
  3. Stick with the older straight blades

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

So here is the question. Go with the mega with the straight blade and the double extension or the Mega V with a extension?? Keep in mind the V blade is $1300.00 less!!! As far as I know both blades use the same pump and have much the same speed.

Myself I am favouring the V for the Drive thru manoverablity, but the mega would out perform in total volume of snow moved. xysport

HELP ME!!

DAFF

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I love the poll Daff :salute:

All the new offerings are part of the MegaBlade series. I am assuming that your poll is for the Revolution and V-Wing models since you mention that the V-Wing is $1300 cheaper.

I can't wait to see how the poll turns out. tymusic

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Toby what year is your Dodge and how does it hold up with the Snoway and the CTD??

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The truck in my avatar actually belongs to a local contractor. He ran both Revolution and V-Wing plows over the last couple of seasons on his Dodge.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hes a lucky guy:eek:

6. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hey Tom, hook me up, I will be your field tester for new blades, Snoway need that don't they?

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Go big or go home!

8. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Depends on what you do for plowing

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And someone finally ask's the question that matters the most when choosing a plow. :salute:

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

dirt, snow, or wife?

snow I remove it from areas that vehicles frequent.

11. DAFFMOBILEWASH

One thing is for sure, I will not miss the wireless controler. Had a 26 series on a 1500 Dodge a few years back. It ate batteries like mad and allways had a 2 second button lag when in use.

Now for the hard part departing with all that cash. Starting to think a Boss / Western might do the trick for a fracton of a price. Pushing season is getting too close for confort and has anyone even pushed a snowflake with one of these plows. I dont want to be the ginypig. Do you??.....

From past experience I realy liked the 26 series but the controler drove me mad. Snoway better start delivering these bad boys!!

DAFF