1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MegaBlade Vplow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by kramer56, Aug 19, 2008.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

OK i am need of some pics of the truckside mounts for the new mega series plows. I want to seel my fisher straightblade and get a v plow this year and the megaV caught my eye. The only concern is the new mount system, the old one hangs really low and to be honest I don't like since I own a chevy 2500hd and they already set low.
    I also would like to see a mount and dismount video for these new plows.
    I would go to my dealer but his rep hasn't drove that truck up to him yet and how you gonna buy something you need to rely on so much without seeing some features first. That part of the snoway thing has yet to impress me but its business I guess.

So Toby can you get some pics of them mounts and a quick video of the mounting the plow to truck so we can see how easy it is. PLease allow me to come over from the fisher side. lol
    ttrudeau3@yahoo.com

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Kramer,

Currently I do not have anything else that I can post here but will have trucks with MegaBlade plows at our event coming up on September 7th @ Slinger Speedway here in Wisconsin. I will take some vids of the plow mount at that time and get them posted. There is some information on how the mount looks on our brochure which you can download, or PM me a mailing address and I will send one out to you.

Here is the link to the brochure, http://www.snoway.com/pdfs/Sno-Way_MegaBlade_Brochure.pdf

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is the mount completely new on these new blades or is it just revamped abit from the old one.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The MegaBlades have a completely new mounting system. Better ground clearance than our previous designs and easier to hook up as everything is done from the driver's side of the vehicle.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, I thought that's what you told me at Sima.

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

yeah I see that in that brochure but was curious on the clearance, is it similar to the Fisher/Western clearance now?
    Them vids with the mount and dismount would be great as well as the speed of the vplow changing angles and stuff?
    The speed of the plow is crucial I think, and thats why alot of people are going to the fisher v because its so fast.
    So if you have anything on vid of the plow actually moving while in the up position thats a great help. My uncle has the 28V and I gotta say its a dog at the speed end.