1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mega v wing durability?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by outdoorimages, Oct 15, 2009.

1. outdoorimages

outdoorimages Junior Member
    from 52726

Possibly upgrading to a v. Had a sno-way 26 straight blade, liked it. Just curious how the mega v worked out for the pros.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lots of controversy surrounding the Mega series, mostly the revolution. I had good luck with my Mega Vee last year and after a year to sort out the new model bugs they should be even better. Particularly like the new mounting system.

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you buy one let me know, I can hook you up with some custom wings for, cheap! I no longer have the blade but still have the wings

4. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Hey Basher do they make curb guards for the Mega V? they would be handy.

As far as the blade goes Outdoor I have one and it has some issues with speed it is a good plow but heavy. The blade is tough the mounting system like basher said is great easy and fast. There are more wires to hook up in the front that I want to hook but you need lights and power right. They have updates done to them and I think they will be the best on the market as long as they keeping upgrading from their learning curve which is all of us that own one. It could be a little faster but all in all its a great plow.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They lowered the number of plugs by one:nod:

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

you are always there to make me look bad aren't you. my dealer called and they told him they don't make the curb guards for the mega series.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No they did make them, but no longer are offering them. I had some last year. Could be there are some floating around at a dealer somewhere. They are a slide in like the wings, probably pricey:nod: but I will look in to it.

We use to have a Snoway factory guy around regularly to help with this stuff but alas no longer:cry:

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

yeah we miss him around for us don't we
    so your saying they slide into holes like the wings do they don't bolt on like the ones on their site looked like.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

yes that is correct.