1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mega v -almost flawless!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Lets put the issues to bed. Picked up a Mega V a few weeks ago and have nothing but good this to say about the blade. The blade will work all night long without slowing down and will move and stack some serious snow.

At one lot with a million islands and trouble spots I actually plowed it in half the time and was able to move the majority of the snow into one killer pile. At the end it was almost 10 feet high and the lot looked awsome.

My only quirk is keeping the blade level with the truck. Seems to be very sensitive to rear ride height. Not to mention the addition of lots of balast.

The wings make moving those big piles simple and effortless. Not to mention it is really hard to make trails.

If you are in the market for a blade dont be put off by all the issues in the past. For the blade is well worth the wait. Seems to me SW has nearly rectified the blade. Plus the engineering of the blade is out of this world. Wait to you hit a curb hard. Watching the blade trip the first time is an experience. Thought it came off the truck untill it popped back into position. Then I thought where was the bang!!!!!

Backblading is a dream. In the V position you can use it like a backwards scoop and clear the entrances with ease, with out having to back onto the street.

All in all this blade is super slick. Sure it might have a slight issue or to to come. But personally the blade is a new engineering standard.

DAFF:nod::nod:

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Keep us all posted Daff.

I appreciate your comments. tymusic

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Oh ya I forgot to mention. Still only running a single battery to put strain on the electricial system. Thinking it is time to hook the dual batteries up again!!!!

4. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

great Daff, I said it a long time ago before the fixes were even out how good i thought it was. Like you say tho there a few little things but this thing is awesome. The best part about this thing is it hasn't left me anywhere yet. I think I finally got mine set up perfect. Wouldn't trade it for anything, the fisher dealer has already contacted me wanting to know how i like it and I told the phone number where to get one if he wanted to know. lol

What do you mean keeping the blade level with the truck is the only quirk..

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I ran the new control, it is a problem solved:redbounce no sticking, the lights are all lighting togeather. All in all the kind of unit I expected from the begining.

Still think it times out to soon, and the lights should stay lit longer but much inproved from the first ones I had.

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

hey bash does it have a joystick or touchpad? Mine is on order, for some reason it sticks when angling to the left, quite often now, so the new ones even after we all said something about it still isn't backlit until the power is off, thats gay. there must be some things they don't listen about i take it.

7. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

How does the extended wing react to curbs ?

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Ummm just a quick note mine didn't start to stick until about 2-3 weeks ago and i been using it every week since october so hopefully this one will be good forever.

9. Turbodiesel

???????????

10. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

they pin in and become part of the whole side so if you catch something with the end of the wing it will bypass back and trip just the same as if it were not there.

11. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Snoway MBV is Awesome

new joysticks do not have the rubber casing around the top of the stick. That is how they were sticking after you loosened the screws on the back, the rubber top was catching on the ridge around the joystick. The New one works perfectly. This MBV with all the updates makes my 28v look like a toy now. Just like I wanted:D

12. Turbodiesel

What would be the max psi or speed for a tear off?

13. toby4492

Probably less psi and speed then that lil dude in your avatar :jester:

The wings are designed to fail prior to the outside rib and blade frame of the plow.

14. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Don't know, but I was driving down the road at 45 mph and clipped the tip of the extension wing on a curb because of another driver spinning out in front of me:realmad: and it did not do any thing but make a lot of noise and scratch the end of the poly wear edge.

15. Turbodiesel

in other words ....tear off? seriously has anyone really wacked a curb yet with this blade?

16. Turbodiesel

was it extended ?

17. toby4492

Seriously.................................................yeah :nod:

What exactly are you fishing for :confused:

18. Turbodiesel

Not fishing , looking for a straight answer.

19. toby4492

The OP talks about what a benefit our ez-switch wings are in his post.

I gave you a serious response in post #15 so that is why I asked my question. If you have others let us know we would be glad to answer them for you, just want to make sure Daff's thread isn't taken off topic.

20. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

the question is why you ram into a curb regardless how anything takes it, i don't care what brand you have if you pound curbs or anything like that something on your end will fail. that new xls from fisher is a good concept but my brother demo it last season and said if a v plow had wings it would blow that away, and he is a fisher man all the way but liked whole idea of my new snoway. Once the bugs get worked out he is trying to get his company of which he supervises to switch to Snoway due to the ruggedness of structure.