1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mega handle stop

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by basher, Nov 10, 2008.

1. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As soon as I can get B&B to upload the pics, here is an easy stop bracket.I built this out of a piece of 3 X 2X 3/16 angle.

Welding a slight extension to the lift handle at the would be ideal but this bolt on is easy to make if you don't have a welder. you have to use a 1/4 inch longer bolt then the factory supplies to get the lock nut to set.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simple fix...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thanks B&B.:salute:

Tomorrow we'll do the welded version.:yow!:

5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

now would the difference in truck make a difference because of where the stacking stops are for each make of truck?? Looks pretty good tho and I will have to do this.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The angle on the stacking stops remains pretty constant.

On the Dodge the add on clip contacts about halfway down the stop so I believe it will work for them all. I'll adjust the stop and see today when we do.....THE WELDED VERSION.

7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

sweet maybe snoway will pay you for the upgrade, i beleive it will save them from buying new handles for people, lol

Thanks for the pm on this issue.

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

has anyone found that the Jack maybe a little short? it just seems it to me.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've found with my Dodge I need a 4x4 to get ground contact, trouble is if they make it longer it will hang down or hit the pump mount or both.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have heard Tom's wife complainf of a small jack. :D

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK so it will work for everything but units requiring the stops to be at their highest postion. Some applications require trimming the excess strap so the add on bracket will clear. Figured out where to weld a stop on that does not require use of the stacking stop. ran out of time to install it hopefully tomorrow.

12. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I was thinking the same damn thing.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Paint me purple and call me an idiot. I was missing the obvious, so there will be no welded version.:nono: I moved to the other side of the plow and redesigned a bolt on. :redbounce This will work for any stop location and requires no modifaction to the plow itself.wesport

I used 2 x 3 angle as a starting point. You do not have to trim the top at an angle, I did (it's a personal standards thing) but it is not required for function. I turned the stop bolts, nuts out to ease installation.

Pictures and drawing as soon as B&B posts them.

Finished and installed pictures tomorrow after the paint drys.

14. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

stops

I could make some stops up for the guys here In Ontario:)

Daner

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slighty blurry but readable if you look closley...looks like one of my pics except my subjects are better. :D
    [​IMG]

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll try to get a better picture of the drawing.

17. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

so it is on the opposite side of the handle itself then?

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes, it bolts on to the stacking stop on the passengers side of the unit.

Just turn the bolts so the nuts are on the outside, slide it on and tighten. I used a piece of 2 X 3 X 3/16 but a piece of 2 x 2 will work. The material needs to be 3/16" thick to use the existing hardware.

The piece of 3/16 X 1 1/2 flat spacer tacked on the bottom holds the handle up a little higher . It could be 2 x 2 x 3/16 but must stay on the truck side of the bracket to allow clearance for the pivot

19. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a plan, let me know when!

20. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

How much you charging? I talked to a guy fdrom snoway and it doesn't sound like they are working on that for those of us who bought the first round of plows, he was aware of it tho so maybe things will change for us.