1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MEGA contractor!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 3500DIESEL, Feb 11, 2009.

1. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

how are these mega blades? I was thinking of going with a Fisher on my GMC but the dealer only wants to put a 7ft 6in which is stupid, so i went to the sno way dealer and looked at a contractor and that is a fine looking plow and will look bad a$$ on my truck, but is there any flaws i should know about?

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I believe they are working out the kinks still on these blades. But, when they are working people seem to really like them. If you are looking at the straight blade then I think it is probably having the least problems out of all of them. Check the search out and see what you can find. There has been a couple of lengthy threads about these plows.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The contractor seems to be the one unit they are not having teething pains with. Nick has been putting a lot of them out there he is probably the best informed on their abilities.

4. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

Thanks for the info. Ill do a search.

5. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I have had no reports from Sno Way or any indications there are any issues with the Contractor series of plows. If he still has the plow you might be able to get a good deal on it this time of year. We have our remaining stuff on sale. Season is pretty much over for us.

If you want you could also go with the 29HDW with the wings. Here are a couple pics to give you an idea what they look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the advantages for the Contractor is the mount is the same as the Mega V blade. So if you ever wanted to upgrade you already have the mount on your truck.

6. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

that looks really nice with the black cutting edge.

7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Is that similar to the wideout and the blizzard with moveable wings?

8. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

No those wings are removeable with pins. Very quick and easy to remove if you don't want to use them for some reason. Those same wings are available for the Contractor Series as well.

Here is the instuctions that you receive with the wings. It's a detailed diagram of how they work and also the different types of wings that are available to slide in and out.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Updates/97101373B.pdf