1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mega Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by TEX, Dec 5, 2005.

1. TEX

TEX Senior Member

Anyone thought about putting a plow on the new Dodge Mega Cab? 2500/3500 Gas or Diesel they are all short beds.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

There is a CTD MegaCab at the local dealerhsip with what looks like a 8ft Western.

3. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

I heard of no plow packages being offered on the diesels...

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sure why not put a plow on it ? On the Dodge CTD all the " plow prep" is, is a skid plate over the transfer case. :nod:

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've been in to talk with my dealer about it, and there's no option for the plow prep, but like Epic has said, all the plow prep is for a Dodge is the skid plate.

Basically with the extra cab, it's the same blah blah blah about if you have 6 guys in the cab with all their gear with the engine and the plow that you're overloaded.

One thing I DO know however, the other day I was looking for something in my 2005 QC 2500 and they had in there 2-3 pages on how to plow snow!?!?!? Guess if your owner's manual is telling you how to plow snow, that the dealer shouldn't have any way to fight repairs from plowing snow?? :nono:

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I didnt think they recommended plowing with the mega cab..?? I wouldnt want to plow residentials with that thing!:dizzy:

7. rjm022

rjm022 Member

there has been alot of confusion with the snow prep package on the diesel rams. there has been many discussions on several of the dodge forum sites on this topic. the diesel rams with the snow prep package get a transfer skid plate and heavier duty coils-. my truck did not come with the snow plow prep package. i have since purchased the coils and the transfer skid plate from my local dealership

8. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

Do you know what the factory plow prep package consists of for gas engines? Thanks.

9. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I was at the dealer today and the literature on the 06 truckss says that the snow plow prep is available on all 3/4 and 1 ton trucks regardless of cab/engine config. Plow prep consists of 160-Ampere Alternator (on Hemi engines), 750-Ampere Maintenance-Free Battery, Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield also requires the truck to be ordered with the trailer tow group.

I also overheard that the 06 1/2 ton mega cabs come equipped with the 3/4 ton front axle to carry the weight of the cab.

10. rjm022

rjm022 Member

festerw summed it up for the gas engine dodge truck

11. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

As far as I remember, when I got my '05 Cummins, the snow prep was only up to Quad and not Mega. It may be diff. for gasser.

12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

Mega

As far as I remember, when I got my '05 Cummins, the snow prep was only up to Quad and not Mega. It may be diff. for gasser.

THE MEGA CAB DIDNT COME ALONG UNTIL 2006, JUST A LITTLE FYI

13. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Thanx, Tex!
    When I was shopping for my 05, the 06 was already out, and I was looking @06 sales brosure. Warranty on '06 suck!! 3/36 (expt. Cummins engine), no more 7/70. That's why I endup with 05.