1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mega blade v-plow issues

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jeeper914, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jeeper914

jeeper914 Junior Member
    from WI

I purchased a Mega Blade v-plow last year with 9" scoop wing extentions that started bending right away. Within three plows the wings were so bent Sno-Way replaced them. Bent the second pair in same manor. Now, Sno-Way came out with the recall on the pressure release that was apparently set too high from the factory....not allowing the wings to release if something was struck or too much pressure was applied. I now have a new set of 3" box wings and cannot get one side in....because the fins on the back of the plow have bent. Obviously the factory settings being set too high have something to do with this. However, Sno-way won't help. Anybody else having these issues? I can fix it myself with some welding and cutting but don't think I should have to. Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. jeeper914

jeeper914 Junior Member
    from WI

Nevermind on the questions.....just found the huge post about it. Not sure how I missed it but glad to see I'm not the only unhappy customer.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

happy reading....lmao

4. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

All I can say is that I have no real bad issues but the wing speed sucks. It will move alot of snow thats why I still have it and hoping to get it figured out someday.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Any V plow will move alot of snow, it's not a new invention. ;)

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

LMAO yeah i know Dave its just a good point for the one I have.

7. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

They have a new design for the attachment for the scoop wings this year and they are reenforced. I would have your dealer go to battle for you for the repairs. If he argues and battle for you I would imagine they would help or take care of anything that needs fixed.

The only wings I had problems with last year were the non scoop wing 9" extensions. Which they don't make any more.

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Is there any curb guards for the MBV plows, i don't mean any extensions or anything but they protector the cut edge, that kind?

9. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

All the attachments are on the SW website. Just visit the site and you will find the answers to your questions.

10. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I did check the site and it appears nothing for the Megas like that. I thought they did offer curb gurads last year so thought maybe a dealer on here might have a set. Thanks anyway

11. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

They were discontinued. You can call around and see if a dealer might have a set in stock.