1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meeting and making friends

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Jun 18, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Just thought I'd pass along a little story about the Plowsite community. Last week I got an email from szorno (Scott), he said he'd be coming to Philadelphia,PA on business and was wondering if we could get together and BS about our operations. My first thought was why would anyone want to talk with me about my operation?

After thinking about it and recently returning from Buffalo I told him, I'm just a small time operation, but if you want I'd be happy to get together. Let me say I'm very happy I did. We had a great discussion and a nice dinner. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge he had. I actually know now that if I had passed up on the opportunity, I would have missed out on quite a bit of stuff. In all probability I got more from him then him from me.

My point is that getting together like this and talking is a great way to develop business and make new friends. So here's my invitation if anyone is coming to Philadelphia, PA, Look me up and we'll get together to BS and if anyone near Philadelphia, Pa would like to get a group of us together and have an informal "snack and chat" we'd be willing to come or host it. Let me know what your thoughts are on this
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

This was one of the main reasons that Snow, a member on this site, gave for having the annual Bar-b-que in Poughkipsee, NY. Gave snowplowers a chance to see new equipment and talk to other people in the business.

It is also one of the main reasons plowsite is so successful. Sharing of information is what helps everyone grow.
  3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Man, don't ever think being a small operation is a negative. We can all learn from one another. I'm a small operation myself, and I have learned a great deal from others here at plowsite, and SIMA, not to mention the networking that goes on at The Annual BBQ.

Even the great John Allin started off with one truck and a plow! and now look at where he is....

Its projected that he will plow in 35 states this season.

The annual BBQ at John Parker's shop in Poughkeepsie is a great event (when it doesn't rain). Ive been to the last three and it gets bigger and better every year.

If I am ever in or passing through Philly, I will let you know. and I will extend the same invite to you if you are ever in my area.
  4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I think I mentioned to Chuck a while ago that me and him should meet up one day, since we both live in NJ about 20 minutes apart. :) Maybe we can get BRL to meet up too since he is in NJ also. Hehe. Mike
  5. KenP

KenP Senior Member

The more the merrier. I'm serious, we could meet up a my place and spend the day grilling and talking plow stuff. My company will supply the necessary items to make it a quality day.
  6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member