1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

medium/heavy truck section

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by bigbadbrad, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

how about a med/heavy truck section under the trucks part of the forum? people seem to post alot of pics of them, so i am sure they got other stuff to talk about them too:mechanic:
  2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont wana read about every ones little pick-up trucks. Just the one ton dumps/flatbeds and up.
  3. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

i was thinking more like 450/4500 and up, one ton is still a pickup
  4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

right, thats what i was thinking at first but then i didnt want to leave the f-350 dumps out. I will agree with you though.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Yes and no. There is some F-350, 3500's that were Cab and Chassis with a higher weight ratings, and other amendities that personal trucks didn't have.

My C3500HD is a good example. It basically is built close to or similar to a Kodiak/Topkick 4500.
  6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

I'm on board with this idea. I would love to see more 4500/5500 pics and discussion in a separate area.
  7. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Heck ya! No we just gotta get the admins on board....
  8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I can check into this and see if we will/can add and let you guys know
  9. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Interested in such a forum also.:waving:
  10. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

Thanks Mike, I think it would be an active area
  11. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

mabye do the gvw spec range of the medium duty stuff. like say 12k-up to 24-26k range then it would be full cdl so not a real med duty anymore.

just a idea.
  13. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

I think one section would not be bad, but if they are going to make 2 it should be 12k-26k as one, then 26k and up for the other
  14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

oldish thread but- why split the 26k+ - I doubt there will be enough action relating to posts for those to justify a whole section to them - Medium duty and up together should do it - and FWIW all truck manufacturer's class the 3500/350 series as light duty trucks regardless of the GVWR.
  15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

True, but, in my case as a light duty truck, it's been built and modified in the same fashion as medium to heavy duty truck.

So ultimately, when I start asking about my hydro system, suspension, etc.... I would like to get answers I'm looking for.

Here is a good example.....

Now, if we had a heavy truck forum, or even a Cab and Chassis forum, I wouldn't of had to of put it in the Ice Management forum and hoped for the best.

So even if it was a broad range forum from, say, 15K and up, I would still have been able to hone in on the crowd that has the same similar mechanics on their trucks.