1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Measurment calculator

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Plowman52, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

is there a program that you can use to get the Measurments of a parking lot so you can bid it.

Like google earth PLUS a sq foot calculator

Thanks

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Go-i-snow.com

3. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

herm have you use that software before

4. Shaung

Shaung Junior Member

go to bing/maps. Then look in the bottom left corner where it says "Apps." After clicking, look for distance calculator. It is amazingly accurate. Just drag the yellow flad to one spot and drop. Then go and pick up another flag and drop it at another spot. It will instantly tell you the distance. I use it al the time in my pressure washing business. Now I only go out on about 25% of my bids. The rest are done from the computer. Good Luck. Hope this is what you were talking about.

5. Winfrey

Winfrey Junior Member

that is amazing! i went to my house and measured our shop and it said 47.4" it was only off by 8"

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Go I snow costs too much in my opinion. Findlotsize.com is real good and has up to date maps. Not personally inspecting the lots is a horrible horrible idea.

7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Yes I do use it and yes I inspect the property personally prior to quoting. I have not used or tried any of the other suggestions.

8. lmenterprises

lmenterprises Junior Member

findlotsize.com

9. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

i like the Findlotsize.com its free and pretty cool. and i still look at my lots