1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Measuring Snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by darood01, Nov 29, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Do you guys have a website you use to figure out the snowfall or do you just measure it by hand?

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Local weather sources, national weather sources, and on site measurements.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

A Ruler !!!!! Works...

4. Deco

Deco Senior Member

you can agree with the customer on that one . i like to measure on site . who knows , accumulations vary drastically within a few miles at times .could be good or bad .

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The thing I care about is if it's over 2 inches ,then I have to go out and plow.

6. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I go out and check each lot. We live near one of the snow belts from lake michigan, and one mile makes all the differance. Ive plowed one lot, and the next one a mile down the road had hardly a dusting.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I just wait till there is enough to plow.
    Never have measured yet.
    Customerts are usually asleep and have no idea how much it snowed until the news is on anyway.

8. Cfish

Cfish Junior Member

I have used a gauge I made years ago. A piece of plywood cut in a stair steep pattern in 2' increments.
    Cfish