1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Md80

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by drtumolo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

I am picking up a used MD80 for my ram 1500. Would someone have an electronic copy of the install manual. I can not access the snowdogg website to download the manual. Can anyone help?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

3. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

The problem is I can not access anything on their website. My antivirus here at work blocks their site.

4. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

I called snowdogg and they emailed the manuals to me.

5. jbart06

jbart06 Member

I hate to say anything negative here however I just want to point out my experience with the MD80. I had bought a brand new one for my f150 and hated it. Reason being is the plow is simply too light did not scrape the pavement well unless straight pushing, so driveways that you can back into come out good but thats about it. back dragging is absolutely miserable. I bought the md80 because the weigt difference between the md75 and 80 was negligible but my dealer told me after the fact i was the only one they have ever sold an md80 to and that the guys with the md75's seem to be happy. I cant imagine that the 6 inches of mold board make the weight distribution that different but that was what i was told. I have since sold my md80, traded truck in and went with a 3/4 ton and a larger plow.

6. drtumolo

drtumolo Member

Hopefully I didnt make a mistake. Time will tell but I pick up the md80 next weekend.

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I'm in the same boat ! Hope mine works out and yours also!

8. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

You don't know light.....light is back bragging with a homesteadrr

9. leigh

from CT

Just have to do what the guys around here do,have the wife/girlfriend or both sit on it while backdragging!

10. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Any midweight plow that any of the manufacturers sell ie: MD 75 or 80, Western HTS, Boss HTX are going to be about the same at back dragging due to the weight. It's just something you'll have to deal with in the newer half-ton trucks, and lightweight plows made for them. Just do as little back dragging as possible and it will be fine.

11. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

I just installed a back dragging blade on mine. I don't want any snow this early, but I do want to try it out.

12. leigh

from CT

Head up to Shawnee peak or another ski area and give it a go!