1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Md80 vmd

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jbart06, Mar 9, 2014.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

I have a 09 f150 bought a md 80 last december and have plowed with it all winter so far and honestly im not impressed. It is definitely light and doesnt put a beating on the front end of the truck to carry it around. HOWEVER unless i am straight pushing it really just doesnt scrape the ground all the well. I had a blizzard 760 lt on my last truck and that thing took the snow down to the pavement no probems. This one just does not get down to the pavement when windrowing. Any suggestions on a fix for it? I figure this is just what it is no fix, so I understand the same mount will work with the VMD but that is a 700lb plow and seems like it would be TOO heavy for my truck even though it is made for a half ton.
    Anyone have experience with the vmd? how do the half tons handle it? at 700 lb it HASSSSSSS to scrape the ground

2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

had the same problem with mine, lowered the a frame and it fixed the problem.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't put a 700 lb plow on a half-ton truck. Although there are people on here who have done it and claim they've had no problems. The VMD is marketed as a plow for "plow prepped" half-ton trucks. In reality, there are no half-ton plow prepped trucks anymore. Years ago, but not any longer.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Get the mount attachment points down to the proper height and it will work a lot better.

The Vee won't do a better job (regardless of its weight ) if the mount attachment points aren't the right height.