1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Md75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by scotteam, Feb 23, 2012.

1. scotteam

scotteam Junior Member
    from MAINE

I have a hard time mounting my plow most of the time. It takes my spouse at the pin lock and myself lefting the front of the plow head and all. The fact that these have to be 100 percent level with the truck sucks. Anyone have any tricks?

I took plow for servicing and ever since had had issues with putting the jack in. Its like my truck dropped a couple inches in the front end. Yet i had timbrands installed at the servicing. I dont get it. Anyone have any idea because the jack wont go in correctly?

I like the plow alright. It was inexpensive and it does the job. However the cutting edge is worn down after a year, (i dont use feet because they dont give a good cleanup) I dont like teh full trip. On mine after one year springs are all the way up as high as they will go adn the darn thing trips easy. Any ideas?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of truck? If it was a GM the shop might have lowered the height by adjusting the torsion bars but I'd doubt it.

I don't have a hard time at all with mine and its MUCH heavier than the MD. My Tricks are to make sure the lift cylinder is depressed all the way (giving slack in the chain), use the jack to adjust the plow height to match the truck. Drive the truck in all the way to the plow making sure its fully into the headgear. I then release the pins and push the head gear up one side at a time. The Jack should allow you to adjust the plow up or down to your trucks height.

If your having problems with the jack, it might be bent

3. dnewf

dnewf Junior Member
    from Canada

4. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Once you get it figured out it's really pretty quick and easy. You shouldn't have to lift at all. Once you drive into position, you only have to push the headgear towards the truck (make sure the lift cylinder is fully collapsed as said above), then I use my foot to work the latch. I just hooked mine up tonight and the plow was not level due to the melting that has been going on. The whole process took about 2 minutes.

As far as getting the jack in, you may have to shorten up the "kickstand". I had to shorten mine because sometimes it would hit if I unhooked the plow on uneven ground.

And concerning the full blade trip, I had the same issues. I ended up adding shocks and it makes a big difference in the return but it also helps prevent it from tripping so easy. If your interested you can read my post titled "added shocks to my MD75"

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have had mine 2 years, its nasty to hook up. I ended up putting 4x4's under the blade. It gives a lot more slack to the lift chain for locking the pins in. The vidios make it look easy on hard top. They must have a new style of head gear. Mine is one solid piece.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

you answer your problem
    Its a cheap plow You can add more springs or a shock
    I installed a hd75 nice plow for the money But hookup is a pain and the truck mounts hang low Thats 2 reason I wont own one
    I like western truck mounts to much to buy any other brand you can remove the receivers

My buddy that I installed his hd75 SD after few times taking it off and on He just leaves it on the truck He said has to get help each time he hooks it up
    I told him he needs a plow creeper so he can roll it up to the truck