1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 Won't Lift

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ckeidel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ckeidel

ckeidel Junior Member
    from Vermont

My plow was disconnected for 4 days, working perfectly fine previous to yesterday's attaching. Since reconnecting it yesterday, every time I press up/lift on the controller, the plow turns left. All other 3 buttons do as directed (Left, Right, Down/Float). I've tried reconnecting harness cables and controller cable, but nothing fixes the issue.

I have 3 red lights blinking on the controller, and I have checked that the green wire is connected to the SB Valve, even adding some dielectric to ensure proper contact.

Besides the fact that when I press lift, the plow turns left, all other aspects of the plow appear to be working.

I have a foot of snow coming this afternoon with a hilly 1/3 mile long driveway, so I'm hoping somebody on this site has some good advice for next steps. When I spoke with my dealer right before they closed yesterday, they told me to check fluid/dielectric levels, and if that doesn't fix it, bring it in. My only problem is that getting the truck into the shop may prove difficult with the impending storm.

Anybody have any advice or next steps to help resolve the issues locally at my house? It appears like an electrical cross of sorts, and I'm wondering if I should take apart the controller to ensure the proper connections?

Thanks so much for any advice or thoughts!!
  2. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Found this from smoorman on another thread about changing to a joystick controller.

"It's related to the same issue. With the digital controller, the pump turns on about 30ms after the valves energize. The effect isn't really noticeable unless you are "bumping" it up. In normal operation you probably wouldn't even notice it. As the "default" for the plow is left, if the pump turns on immediately, the plow jogs a little left."

So it sounds to me like your motor is turning on, but the "up" valve/solenoid is not energizing. Could be a bad valve or an electrical problem. I would check for power going to the solenoid when you press the up button to see if it's a power problem.

By the way, dielectric grease won't improve a connection. It just helps prevent corrosion, to help prevent a bad connection.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is nothing you can fix inside the controller, check to see if the lift coil is getting 12 volts when you hit the raise button. if it is then you have a bad coil/valve if not either the pins in the harness are not connecting properly (or are missing,) the controller is not connected properly, there is a broken/discounted wire or you have a bad controller.

You are interested in the GREEN wire.
  4. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Your plow is going left because you live in VT - move to a red state. Sorry but could not resist.