1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

md75 with pro wings?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by rthomas1787, Nov 5, 2010.

1. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

Hi have a 07 toyota tundra with the md75 snowdogg plow on it. I was wondering if any of the other md75 owners on this fourm have put pro wings on their plows? I talked to a snowdogg dealer and they said my plow couldnt handle it that it could cause the plow to bend.

I just dont see this happening. The plow looks pretty rigid and i would only be using the wings for 4 or 5 in of snow max. otherwise i would remove the wings and plow with just the blade.
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The dealer was just being careful. I've really never seen an MD bend. We don't recommend wings for it, but I do know that some users have put pro-wings on it.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

speaking of being careful remember that you are putting more load on your transmission.
    You will need more ballast to maintain traction levels. The guys pushing ten foot blades have more tranny problems then the guys pushing eight foot blades.

To quote another "Interestingly the big 3 have weight guidelines, but have never stipulated a maximum push force/tractive effort/etc."
  4. jcart

jcart Junior Member

Both sides of mine are bending, I wouldn't put wings on it. mine is an MD75 as well. Any ideas on this Scott? I am going into my 3rd season. I have a feeling a new frame for it will be expensive.
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'd be curious to know how the others users who put pro-wings on are faring. As you can imagine, it all depends on how its used. You need to work with your dealer who can work with me.

Does this moldboard have the tube in the back or the strip?

6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

is it the stainless moldboard bending? Dimping out? I can see that happening as it is only attached at the blade and snow flap.
  7. jcart

jcart Junior Member

Scott, my MD mouldboard has the strip no tube and it has never had wings. Yes the stainless is dimpled, I like my dog and Scott and Buyers have been great to take care of problems.