1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 Question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by raiderck, Jan 21, 2010.

1. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

I currently have a sierra with a 3 inch body lift. The plow is great!! The truck needs to go! I found a newer chevy pickup at a great price. The downfall is it has a 6'' lift kit. The md75 plow doesn't weigh much so I don't know if this will be a issue? I'm sure it will be harder to see the blade in front of me. I plow about 5 small driveways. If i do switch trucks I'll have to get a new mounting bracket also (going from a 2000 to 2008)

Any thoughts would be great

2. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

when i do drives which is 90% of what i do, I want to see where my blade is at all times/

3. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

So long as you can see the blade guides, I see no issue. I plowed with a 6" lifted GM w/ 37" tires (see avitar) and all I had to do was lower the lift chain down several links.

4. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

get taller guides i think buyers makes them

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Are you going to lower the mount? Seems to me if you dont the blade is going to be angled to far forward. In heavy snow its going to be tripping all the time.