1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 Problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ChrisA, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA Junior Member
    from Maine

First time plow user here. I purchased an Snowdog MD75 a few weeks ago to plow my 700' driveway after using an ATV-plow combo and snowblower last year. I'm using it with a 2010 Silverado Z71.

The guys at the dealer did a great job making sure I was comfortable mounting and unmounting the plow, but now that I have it home and mounted/unmounted it a few times, some issues have cropped up.

The last 2 times I've driven into the plow to mount it, the holes never really align properly with the pins. I have the jack in and have tried from all different heights but the pins always end up a little lower than the mounting holes and I have to try and lift the plow so it aligns and kick the wings at the same time.

Today I had a terrible time getting the plow mounted but was finally able to force the pins through. I plowed, went to unmount it, and now I can't get the left side out. There's really strong tension on the chain and I can't remember how the guys showed me to release the slack. I've tried coming up under the headlamps and lifting, but it won't budge. Really frustrated right now, so I was hoping some of you guys with experience could give me some tips or strategies. Thanks.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

3. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

The chain length setting is crucial for the ease of mounting and dismounting of the plow. Watch the videos and you'll understand why. You need to push up the headgear to lock it into place.

4. ChrisA

ChrisA Junior Member
    from Maine

Thank you for the replies - once I watched the demonstration I ran outside and got it detached in under 30 seconds. I forgot to put the plow in "float" so I could push down on the chainlift cover.

Thanks again for the help! :salute:

5. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Glad that one is solved haha! Happy Plowing!!!

6. Nitro1010

Nitro1010 Junior Member

I like your tahoe and plow setup. I have the almost, exact same thing. 96 2 Dr tahoe, with timbrens front and rear. I just installed duel batteries, you may want to consider that if you don't already have them. and of course the MD 75. I have 256,000K on my tahoe. I know thats alot, but I have always done the maintenance myself, so I know what I have. I also have a western 2000 swing away tailgate spreader. I converted the mount from tailgate to receiver. Anyway, just wanted to say I liked your rig.

7. PlowingMI

PlowingMI Senior Member

I always forget that step!!!!!!

8. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Thanks a lot. I like these trucks, you need to get a few pictures of yours up.

9. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

swapping the plow from 05' Ram to 12' Ram

Does anyone know if you can use the MD75 mount from 2005 Ram 1500 and reinstall it on a 2012 Ram 1500. If so does it use the same mounting hardware and are the mount holes the same or do I need to drill new mount holes. Thanks Ed

10. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Sorry about the earlier post I thought I was starting a new thread.