1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 or HD75 for a 2004 f150

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by preeminent, Dec 16, 2009.

1. preeminent

preeminent Junior Member
    from ontario

I have a 2004 f150 all new and bigger front end has large springs 3.5 lift ect.. would the HD be still to heavy for the F150.
    Or is the MD75 would be better for the truck
    But can it back drag as good

2. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I have an 06 f-150 supercrew, 5.4. I bought a MD75 brand new last year and had numerous problems. I only used it for residential and lots under 15,000 sqft. after the fifth time in i told them to take it off. I then put on the western hts and love it. when not in use the brackets come off for a nice clean look,nothing hanging in the way all year. Also love that it has the down pressure which makes backdragging awesone. the MD would just float up over the snow only being 400lbs. personal opinion i would either try the HD snowdogg for more weight or something with downpressure, western or fisher.

3. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

Are you sure that your Western has "Down Pressure"?
    I'm almost certain that Sno-Way has a patent on that.

As far as Snow Dogg's are concerned, they had issues with the first generation MD's but all the new stuff is flawless from what I've read.

4. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

The question is what are you going to do with the plow? If you are doing a few driveways and a small parking lot or two then the MD75 will be fine for you (yes they did have some problems last year but have fixed them). If you are doing more commercial work then the HD75 is the plow you should consider, it is a commercial plow and weighs 680# so it has scrapes the groung pretty well. It is true the the Western HTS has down pressure becouse it only weights 400# so that is how scrapes well (this is a problem with the MD75 400#). As far as Snow Way having a Patent on down pressure I do not believe that to be true as Western Suburbanite and Fisher Homesteader have been running downpressure for the last 3 - 4 years