1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 on RAM 3500 ... need advice

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by m00nraker, Sep 29, 2015.

1. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Okay, so let me set the ground work for you first. I just sold my 09 Ram 1500 that I had an MD75 put on it 3 years ago. I plowed solely driveways for family and friends, as well as my own. I didn't want to push my 1500 too far by doing it commercially.

Fast forward to today, and I have since traded in my 1500 and purchased a 13 RAM 3500. I was originally looking for a 2500 but could not find one configured how I wanted but managed to find this one exactly how I wanted and for an awesome price. It is used, and had 14,000 on it when I bought it.

So here is my predicament....

I did not trade in my MD75 with the old truck and removed all wiring and harnesses from it but let the pushplates go with it. I have found that Snowdogg offers an MD pushplate for my new 3500 but does not advertise since it would void warranty, but thats not a problem since my plow warranty is expired anyways.

My worry is that if i put the MD on my 3500 that I may be trying to 'out-plow' the MD plow and cause damage. I am also thinking I would love to put an EX80 on the new truck but also debating if I actually need that much plow? I was also looking at picking up just a used Fisher on craiglist but from what I have seen their wiring and electrics seem way more complicated than they need to be, plus with the two or three plug systems and confusion between them.

So for the TL;DR crowd...will my MD75 survive being pushed by my 3500 doing solely a handful of driveways or will I be better off just selling the MD and buying a new EX model for it?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

If it were me I'd sell the MD and buy an appropriate plow for your truck. That being said, if you're just doing a few friends and family, and babied it, you could use it for quite awhile as long as you don't abuse it. But I don't know what your definition is of "a few friends and family". The MD will look like a toy on the front of your truck, but if you're not doing it for money why spend anymore on something that you won't get a return on?