1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

md75 on an f350 ?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jdbeck, Oct 31, 2011.

1. jdbeck

jdbeck Junior Member

hey gang,

I am looking at replacing my dodge ram 1500 with a ford f350 with the diesel engine. Long story, but the ram (4.7l) wont pull our newer camper.

My question, can I mount my MD75 on the ford? I only use it to maintain our half mile driveway and the neighbors.

Thanks

2. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

JD -
    You can use the MD75 on an F350 truck. Be warned.. that this is a Big Truck - little Plow.

If you want, you can get the mount kit for the f350 mount kit-under carriage. What Year is that truck? Also, you will need the truck side harness (kit) if you can't remove from previous vehicle. Lastly, a head light adapter for f350.

3. jdbeck

jdbeck Junior Member

the f 350 is also a 2006.

Appreciate your ideas! Maybe I should just sell the MD75 and go heavier, but I dont really use except to do my own road.

Jeff

4. dognit

dognit Junior Member

jdbeck - I replaced my 96 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 96 F250 7.3l Diesel this summer and I am going to try the MD75 on the Ford this winter. I only plow my own drive and if I decide to up-grade to a HD plow the HD truck side mount is the same mount as the MD75 plow that I currently have. I think as long as you understand and keep in mind you are using a LITTLE plow on a BIG truck it should work out.

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

You know whats funny,
    a guy just posted his pic of the same plow you have but on his jeep. I agree with one of the previous comments, "thats gonna be a small plow for a big truck" that you have.
    That might even be dangerous....

But that wasnt the question i guess, the real answer to your question would be YES it will fit on your truck.

6. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Hey that was me ;)

I'd be most concerned about the F350 having so much weight and torque that if you hit something the plow would bend like a (insert comment here). Whereas the same plow on a lighter vehicle (like my jeep) would never get to the point where the vehicle overpowers the plow.

7. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I agree, small plow. If angled, does it covee the width of the truck? Dont want to be plowing with the tires driving in the unplowed areas.

I have an EX90 on my F250. Overkill for you though.

8. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Too much truck, not enough plow.
    Strange, usually it's the other way around. If you go that route, be very careful.