1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 Locking Lug Question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by MikeS0000, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MikeS0000

MikeS0000 Junior Member

Hi Folks -

First post..., 2nd year with the MD75. Had a Western 7'6" prior but wound up with a 2004 Tundra and it won't go.

My question is..., the mounting instructions indicate the locking lugs should come completely through the mounting bracket. Mine have always been just short of the outside. They seem to hold but I'd feel more comfortable if they came all the way through.

Is there and adjustment for this?

Oh..., on the same topic, when they retract they still stick into the mounting channel. I use a piece of wood to retract them fully.

- Mike S.
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

On the MD's the locking pins only partially come through the outer plate - that plate is really just going along for the ride. So you are fine.

I'm not sure what to think of your other point though - there is enough clearance in the mount to drive in even with the pin protruding in partly. If there is something else going on you'll have to have your dealer look at - they should be able to tell if it looks different.

3. MikeS0000

MikeS0000 Junior Member

Thanks Scott -

Good to know on the first point. On the second, yes, there is enough room to drive in, but it is narrowed to about half so it is tricky. My 'block of wood' works great though and I can easily hook up. Had a couple such contraptions to leverage the Western, so this is definitely easier.

Just finished plowing our 800' uphill drive and it went well.

- Mike