1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD75 Lighting Problem

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Cut_it, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Cut_it

Cut_it Junior Member

Hi all. New to the forum, but I appreciate the volume of information that is readily shared by the more experienced members.

I had a new wire harness and mount put on a Chev 1500 at a local dealer last year. Have had problems with the lights from day 1. I can toggle between the plow and truck lights by jiggling the connection between the headlight adapter and the truck headlight plug, but this only occurs on the DS side of the truck. It's an older truck so we put a new headlight plug on the truck and still the same problem. Has anyone had any trouble with defective relays? You can hear strange noises in the harness fuse box when they are toggling on and off. Have two other Snow Dogg-mounted trucks and have not had any other light problems. We thought it might be a grounding problem, so we've grounded the lights seven ways from Sunday and still no luck.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
  2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Is it a click? if it is that normal ..... buzzing could mean the relay is sticking open... also make sure you have delectric grease in the plugs
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Make sure all the wires are firmly mounted in the plugs could be one is not properly locked and is shifting inside the plug.
  4. Cut_it

Cut_it Junior Member

Plowman and Basher,
    Thank you both for your thoughts on this. I will check out the relay noise again tomorrow. I'm thinking it was more of a buzzing. I do have dieletric grease in all the connections. I will also double check all the wire crimps to make sure they are tight as well.

5. Cut_it

Cut_it Junior Member

Had a chance to check it out today... Relay (fuse) box is buzzing like crazy when I try to switch from brights to dims. All the relays in the box are the same, and I don't have a wire diagram to tell me what relays operate the lights. Seems like this will be where the problem is.
  6. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

Service Manuals
    Check there and look at the first two light schematics # 16992900 and # 16992905
    See if that will help you. Look through the page for your specific manual to your truck,