1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD7.5 Connector Issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 09RamMD75, Jan 13, 2015.

1. 09RamMD75

09RamMD75 Junior Member
    from Maine

Has anyone else had issues with the connectors internals? My connectors stay together and make good contact between the two plugs.However seems like the internals are not making contact. I called my dealer and they said they have had issues on a few but to warranty it they need to see it. This stinks for me considering they are 3.5 hrs away one way. I wouldn't expect this on less then a year old plow that has only been hooked up and unhooked a few times. Has anyone changed them to Anderson plugs? Other than this issue I love the plow it works great and really pushes the snow, and this is only a minor issue really.
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Check to see if one of your spring cages are missing. Those make great contact (the reason we use them) - but if one is damaged it can cause intermittent contact. If it's from an older harness before we went to the spring cages you can "flare" the stamped pins slightly to get better contact.
  3. 09RamMD75

09RamMD75 Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for your quick reply but the issue is where the wires go into the connector and connect to the pins. It is not between the connectors.
  4. GabrielFarms

GabrielFarms Junior Member

I had trouble with my EX80 connectors within the first year. If I hit a bump going across a parking lot when I got to the end the plow would not lift. Get out of the truck and wiggle the plug and it would work again. I ended up using 2 heavy cable ties criss-crossed over the connectors to keep them held very tightly together. That was the only way I could keep things working consistently.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They've sold repair ends since day one. Just order up a set of those and replace them.
  6. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Basher, can you explain Repair ends a bit.. My MD75 is 5 years old and the last couple times out I've had to get out and wiggle the connectors.. Need to understand the option...

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

they look like this. Just cut the old one off and replace.

boss repair.jpg
  8. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

I do the same thing with my MD75. Took it to the dealer and they tried to charge me for replacing a corroded spade connector in the electrics box, which they didnt actually replace. Finally figured it out when wiggling connectors around. I now just use big zip ties to hold together.
  9. blue22580

blue22580 Junior Member

I've been having issues with the connectors on my MD75 as well. It started about a month ago while I was out plowing. The blade got stuck angled to the left and the motor would not shut off. It actually drained the battery on my truck and the connector got so hot that the rubber warped a bit. My dealer ended up replacing the solenoid and that fixed the angling issue. I was concerned that I would have trouble with it keeping a connection because the rubber warped a bit and sure enough I began experiencing intermittent problems with the plow not moving. I ended up using zip ties and that worked for a couple of weeks. The other day I began experiencing the same problem and went to the dealer. They cleaned the connectors using a brush with a degreaser & water solution and then blew compressed air into each. This fixed the issue. They also recommended using zip ties on both connectors to keep the connection tight to lessen the amount of crap sneaking its way in.