1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD68 on Toyota 4Runner

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by smuchow, Nov 22, 2010.

1. smuchow

smuchow Junior Member

Anybody have any experience with an MD68 SnowDogg on a 1998 Toyota 4Runner? I just ordered one, and I'm curious about any advice/experience. Mine will be used for home snow removal in rural northern Iowa. We get 12-18" snow falls here, but I don't have any drifting problems due to surrounding trees. I've borrowed a 4Runner with a Western 80" plow, and it works fine at my house, so I'm hoping the MD68 will do as well.

100_0055.JPG

2. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

I have a MD68 on my truck and used it all last winter without a problem. Although I only plow my moms and my driveway. Sometimes a few others.

3. smuchow

smuchow Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me how much you paid and what vehicle you have it installed on?

4. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

I paid 3100 for mine and I have it on a GMC Sierra 1500.

5. Michaelefd

Michaelefd Junior Member

Snow Dogg Vs Fisher Homesteader

$3,100 is a good price, I'm in New England and I'm getting a price of $3,710 so far. I'm going to be plowing my driveway and a few others and installing it on my Ford Explorer Sports Trac.
    Snow Dogg MD68 or Home Steader? Price of Homesteader was $3,650.

6. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

You should call Martin Tire in Worcester MA. That's where I bought mine. Not sure the pricing is still the same as when I got mine. They are great people their and do very good work installing.

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Call Martell Welding 978-4580661 ask for rick .They did mine and will to a great job .And always take care of you.

8. Michaelefd

Michaelefd Junior Member

Hey
    I ordered a MD68, Snowdogg from Nici's Automotive in Brentwood, NH. They gace me a good price $3,300 installed and no sales tax there. I also ordered a lift kit and because the 2007 Explorer Sports trac changed the frame that year there are not many lift kits and the only one out there was $285, $400 installed.
    I'll know Thursday how it looks, maybe I can get a picture on here.
    thanks

9. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

Good luck with the new plow. I think you will like it.

10. smuchow

smuchow Junior Member

Just got my plow home, and I'm very pleased. Tom Tosel with Tosel Services in Mason City, IA did a fantastic job. I fly a jet for a living, and the quality of workmanship was on par with the maintenance I see on our jet. I highly recommend Tom for any plow work. The plow is also fantastic. Off in seconds, on in minutes. Rides nice and looks well built and easily maintained. Happy customer, and I'm not easy to please.