1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD68 experience/thoughts

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by T-CON, Dec 15, 2009.

1. T-CON

T-CON Junior Member

We are considering an md68 for one of our wranglers. We run a fleet of them commercially for narrow driveways. Does anyone have first hand experience or impressions of these plows. The price is definitely right but beyond that they are a big question mark for us.

Thanks

2. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I have one on my ford ranger .I had some things wrong with mine,but snowdogg stands behind their plows .I have owned a few different plows over the years i bought one for the st/st and the value .I t has fast hydrolics and and works great for driveways.

3. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I have an 06 f-150 supercrew, 5.4. I bought a MD75 brand new last year and had numerous problems. I only used it for residential and lots under 15,000 sqft. after the fifth time in i told them to take it off. The warranty is great, they fixed everything no questions asked, but it usually took a couple of days. time i didnt have. customers dont want to wait.

4. T-CON

T-CON Junior Member

We are going to try this out. I am not seeing any negatives compared to the Meyers plow which are the bane of my existence. Also playing in the decision is the $1000 cheaper the snowdogg is.

I would still love to here other peoples experiences.

Thanks
    Ted

5. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I am new to plowing and bought the MD75 this year for my jeep and found it has worked great so far. I plow 20 residential drives and three apartment buildings with lots of 20 parking spots or less.

6. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I also didnt like that it being so light the backdragging was horrible. I now have the western hts with downpressure and it works awesome and also like the brackets come off for a real clean look, nothing in the way all year.

7. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

What were some of the other problems you had besides the back dragging issue?

8. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hey gixxer27 when you werent happy with the snowdogg and told them to take it off what did they say and did you get your money back.I have had problems with mine and if its not fixed i will be thinking the same thoughts Thanks

9. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

what kind of problems are you having?

10. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I first had the weld problem then wires got cut from rubbing on metal box.Then had some leakes,they changed valves.Then leakedm again changed some valves and put away for season.This year took it out and angle pitons wouldn't move and leaks.Brang to get fixed they went through all o ring and valves.Then first small store leaked again.So brang it back and snowdogg said put new motor and pump in.Well when i got it it still had some blue fluid on it checked all hoses and some were loose so tightened them up.I will see what happens next dealer said if it happens not sure what to tell me.And i said that i really think i will be done and wont to talk to snow dogg rep.I HAVE NEVER HAD A PLOW HAVE SO MANY PROBLEM,S.Thats why i was wondering if gizzer got his money back or what happened.

11. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I went round and round with the reps from buyers. I had dealt with them directly.After loosing money and customers i started sending the last wages in a bill to buyers. Of course they did not pay them but was not expecting them to. I simply told them to take it off, they were hesitant but when i had my attorney call them they had it off and the western installed in a day. its been on my truck since 1/4/09 and have not one problem.

as for the dogg i dont know how to say what i all had problems with, it would be easier to say what didnt fall apart or break.

12. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

I ran out of space.

things that were fixed: both angle cylinders. one started to leak as of the first storm. the pump then was having issues, something with the selenoid. the lights flickered, problem in the harness. one of the parts of the frame actually got bent so it was hard to get hooked up although i heard that issue has been resolved and the final straw was the lift cylinder blew two gaskets in 22hrs.

things i liked: it was stainless. no more doggs for me

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Thanks gizzer27 did you get your money back from snowdoog for the plow,because i hope they did now what do you have suberbinte plow.

14. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

Yeah buyers paid for the plow and the uninstall, Put on the western HTS, and is much nicer.

15. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

I personally love the dogg. I have an ex80 mounted on a ford f250 sd.. No problems on my end.. But i'm also running a plow that belongs on my truck, not something that is underrated for my size vehicle for plowing places other than my own driveway. Match the plow to the vehicle, and what your gonna be pushing "size of the lots or driveways", and you will not have any problems.

16. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

thanks gizzer for info.Well i only plow my driveway and parents driveway and grandparent .Well f series i have plowed with older baldes that were 7' before and none commercial for commercial way before and never had problems with them.So i understand where he was coming from with his it should be able to do light commercail plowing and mine i have had nothing but problems with mine and am getting fed up when you buy one to plow your drive way after working all day and have problems you get mad.I a have owned many and havent had this many problems with any other.But i do have to say they do take care of every problem on my plow.

17. gixxer27

gixxer27 Junior Member

This is the plow that is matched for my truck, I dont take care of wal-mart or mall size lots. 3 lots ranging from 7000 to 14300, not big at all. and 6 driveways, all im saying is it was a piece of junk, Maybe it was just a lemon and i got the only bad one, i lost a lot of work in down time and was very unsattisfied. I do have a buyers saltdogg spreader and like it, would buy another one in a heartbeat. price is awesome.