1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD2 Upgrade help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lyinlow867, Aug 11, 2009.

1. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

I have a MD2 got it used and its on the truck and ready to go. My brother has a couple of parts hes going to hook me up with the Night Sabers and a touch controller. The night sabers will just plug and play already looked into that.
    How do I get the meyers touch pad to work with my set up. I have the slik stik controller and do need to replace it.

Thanks any help would be great thank you

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In order to use the touch pad you need to replace your existing Slik Stik control harness with one for the touch pad.

But I'd keep the slik stik if it were my choice. They're far more reliable than the touch pads by far.

3. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Well the reason I ask is because I have to replace my slik stik and the cheapest I can find is $80. So I went and got the Night sabers and the bolts that held them on broke right out of the lights. I had some thoughts how to fix them but didnt know if there were anyplace to but the parts. Here is what I mean

[​IMG]

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Very common issue with any plow light. Normally it's not a bad deal to disassemble the light and drill/cut the rivets attaching the bolt plate to the housing...but on the Night Sabers specifically you need to also remove the lens and reflector from the housing to allow enough access to use the bolt and nut technique to re-attach the mounting plate to the housing. And the problem is it's tough to get the lens off and then glued back on without damaging it. I no longer repair them, just prefer to pitch them in the round file and replace them with new.

5. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Where do I find new bolt plates? I will take my time and have the tools to do it. Thats what I was kinda thinking but didnt know if they sell these parts anywhere

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can't buy the plates separately, you have to repair the old ones if you want to repair and reuse the lights.

7. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ok thanks, I got a couple ideas

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

do like I do:

Buy a new set of aftermarket box lights, for around $100 bucks, cut the wires off the sabers , remove the wires from the box lights,, insert the Saber plugs into the box lights, splice the wires inside the box solder and shrink wrap, re-assemble and install.

The Be-All and the End-All to the Sabers! lol

9. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Well hooked all and works great. Figured out my problem with a bolt and a welder. So Now I have another problem. The parking light on the drivers side doesnt work and the high beam on the pass doesnt work. Ive changed bulbs and Ive even switched the wires and the problem just switches sides.
    Im guessing the blocks that the lighting plugs into but what wires are what?

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If you have switched the modules from one side to the other and the same issues comes up on the opposite side then that tells me bad modules.

Jay

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you switched modules side to side the high beam AND turn signal issue also switched sides? If so, then the modules are bad as Jay mentioned.

12. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

I know the slick stick is $80 but the new harness for the touchpad is $70 and as BB stated the slick stick is more reliable.

13. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

i guess these problems are why you shouldnt waste your time with meyer, i have 3 plows, 2 mdII and an ez plus. my newest plow is 2yrs old and its all rusty already and in better shape then my 5 yr old plow. both bought new. just spoke with meyer, they said too bad. bad company, ill be looking eslewhere and should have 2 plows ago.