1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD2 (MDII) Mount, E60H, Lift Chain Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JMill_PA, Mar 1, 2010.

1. JMill_PA

JMill_PA Junior Member

I usually run the two chains into the inside of the lift arm, and allow the excess to go to the outside. I've also assumed that by keeping the length equal, making the pressure equal on each chain, I was doing the right thing. However, after hooking up prior to the last drifting cleanup, I couldn't seem to get the pressure quite right, and had one taut chain and one with lil slack. Got on the road, did my thing, and all is well. But I'm curious from those in the know HOW critical it really is to fuss about having the pressure evenly distributed on that arm.

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i feed mine 2 the inside 3 links hanging
  3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

my MDII i have 9 links hanging and i play with it and some times you have to twist one half a turn to get them even. I dont think it really effects it I mean all the of the EZ classics only have one chain so as long as your close Id think your fine
  4. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I. Can't see it being worse thing ever but you can always put a half turn in the loose chain or make sure the tight on doesn't have a twist in it
  5. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

I don;t think it matters cause on mine I change my lift arm to a single chain and it works fine
  6. JMill_PA

JMill_PA Junior Member

For some reason, i couldn't get the damn thing to even out.... if i went two links longer, it would be even, but then the arm would go straight up & wouldn't drop. I'll look at it tomorrow I guess. Just didnt' seem to be working with me that night... coulda been the beers i guess?
    Thanks guys