1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD update: snow melters don't like trash...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

so i'm one of the unlucky ones who get to stay in Rochester while the boss and a few key others go to MD to help out, anyway the word is chaotic. 5 lane roads reduced to 3 lanes with abandoned cars all over. poor communication, my boss has moved the same piles of snow 2-3 times, and now they have a snow melter on-site at first my boss was thinking this thing is pretty cool (that usually ends up with a new piece of equipment in the yard) but what has happened is all the snow being trucked in is full of garbage, so its jamming up the hopper and someone has to keep jamming a pitchfork into it to pull it all out....

ah well, sorry no picts, just bumming because i'm left behind.

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

where are you guys working in Md?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

not sure, he said it quick and I was on my cell. we brought 3 of our Cat loaders down and I assume the Kenworth.