1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

md series on 2500hd

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cutbetterthanyo, Jul 25, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has a MD series on a 2500hd. I was thinking of this for a few reasons.First reason is they are about a thousand cheaper than the bigger plows. I wan't to spend as little as possible because i am not hardcore commcercal, but i do have enough that i am tried of doing this out of my tractor. Second is i am puting it on my personal truck, a duramax cc. I don't want all the weigh of a heavy plow on it, cuz of the cc short beds bending frames and the IFS crap wearing out. I need this truck to last. I would just put it on my work truck but it is 2wd.I assume there are people useing them commercal on 1/2 tons and little trucks why not on a 3/4..

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They are not designed to handle the weight of a 2500 truck. I doubt Buyer even produces a mount for that vehicle. You could try one of these new Meyer front hitch plows, but again the weight of your truck could just crumble it like tin foil. Most manufacturers are not designing mounts for series not designed for them (the truck.)

3. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

There's an MD mount kit for all 3 major truck companies 2500. It is made available, but not recommended on BIG TRUCK. Call Snow Dogg / Buyers for the part number etc.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your dealer will not be able to provide these numbers. If buyers does produce an MD mount for your truck it is not listed in the dealer fit guides nor would I be comfortable installing one, lot of truck for that plow.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I agree^^^^^^^^