1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MD on 07-12 GM 1500s

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Stik208, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone here have any pics of the MD series on 07-12 1/2 ton GMs? I am between choices currently and would like to see what the on and off truck look like. I would be going with the 8 footer since I have the crew cab.
  2. NTO

NTO Junior Member

I just bought a VMD for my 09 GMC Sierra 1500 this fall. I have to run it up to the dealership today so I will post a pic of it later.
  3. mdpsci1

mdpsci1 Junior Member

2010 Chevy 1500

4. jamm999

jamm999 Junior Member

Looks sharp what kind of price did you get on one compared to the others?
  5. mdpsci1

mdpsci1 Junior Member

The only configuration in which the VMD is recommended for you vehicle would be if your truck was a shortbox, regular cab with either the 4.3 V6 or 4.8 V8, otherwise you are going against GM's specifications and if you still have a warranty you will void it. SnowDogg does not recommend this application either.
  6. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Those new chevys look great. The plow just adds to it. how does it push?

SNAKEBIT Junior Member
    from NE Iowa

so what model plow is in the pic?
    how does your truck handle it?
    what motor and tranny?

I have a 07 with the leveling kit and was thinking of going HD80
    new bodystyle CrewCab w/ 6Liter
  8. mdpsci1

mdpsci1 Junior Member

photo is a MD75, works fine for a light plow
  9. NTO

NTO Junior Member

Configuration or not...putting a VMD on a standard cab shortbox with a 6 cylinder or a small 8...really???? Talk about pounding on a vehicle. If anything that configuration should void a warranty. Not a shortbox extended cab with a V8 in it. Truck plows and handles the best out of any plow I've had. As for the warranty...My dealership takes care of me no matter what the case. Setting the truck up with snow plow prep, etc. I understand what your saying, just not always in agreeance with it.
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Who drives to a car dealership with the plow still attached to the truck? For all they know you have a snowbear