1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

md mount for '05 chevy 2500hd

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jdbeck, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jdbeck

jdbeck Junior Member

Hi guys,

Long story, but I never got to install my MD 75 on my Ram 1500. It is all still in my garage except for the MD 75 blade.

Swapped the ram 1500 out for a 2500 HD chevy 2005.

How much of the original kit can I reuse? Yeah, I know it is a lot of truck for the plow, but i am only doing my own driveway and about 3/10 private drive.

I tried the plow config program but of course, it does not list a MD mount unless I tell it 1500HD. Then i get 16062155 with an MD kit. If i allow HD, I get 16062150. Wondering, is there a real difference? And I figure I will need a new lite adapter as well.

Crazy or doable?

Anyone ?

Jeff

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

We do have MD mounts for larger trucks - partly because of the VMD plow (which used the MD mount). We don't recommend MD's on 3/4T trucks as a general rule.

There are cases where a dealer will sell an MD plow for a larger truck for personal use only.

The 16062155 mount is the MD mount for 99-10 Chevy 2500/3500. In all cases, the only difference between an MD mount and the HD/EX mount is the pushbar.

You'd be better off trying to sell the complete Dodge mount used rather than trying to reuse any bits. The headlight adapter for your Chevy will be a 16071150. Pull ALL of the harnesses from your old truck, and all you will need will be the new mount and new headlight adapter.

3. jdbeck

jdbeck Junior Member

Scott,

Thanks for clearing this up! The rig will be for personal use and self install.

I appreciate it!

Jeff